“Do it at home”

Cuisines: American
Description: 718-980-7200
Description: 718-980-7200
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Sorry but you could make a better cheese steak at home with your own steak-ums and cheese whiz. That's how they make their overpriced, quite small sandwiches. I'm telling you, save the gas, cook it at home at half the cost.

2  Thank Dargamogirl

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great cheese steaks for the NYC area. They are as authentic to Philadelphia's as you'll get without driving down yourself.

4  Thank armypilot44
Reviewed January 30, 2012

ThIs place has the best food on staten iland. The CHEESESTEAKS ARE AWESOME. I had the staten italy sandwich. My friend had the WINGS WHICH WERE JUICY AND HUGE. I LoveTHIS place. Plus there OPEN TILL 4 AM on the weekends. GREAT FOOD

2  Thank sonnybrooklyn
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went here to pick up a sandwich to bring home for dinner. I got a steak sandwich with red peppers. When I got home and took a bite out of the sandwich I bit down on something hard. Bones? Something worse? Turns out it was the stem to the red pepper. They left the ENTIRE hard stem on the pepper. Grossed me out, wouldn't come here again.

2  Thank loricr
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I am a New Yorker who went to college in Philadelphia and lived in the city for six years. I know my cheesesteaks. This is a real Philadelphia cheesesteak. It tastes just like the ones at Pat's in South Philly,. They put a bit more Cheese Whiz than Pat's but that is a good difference.,

Also had a wonderful roast pork sandwich there on a return visit.

This restaurant should also get an award for sloppiest sandwiches in New York. Each sandwich is delicious but makes a mess and requires at least a dozen napkins. Not a bad thing either. The globs of Cheese Whiz on the steak and all the juice on the pork sandwich made a mess. This place gives meaning to "finger licking good." I would not wear a suit and tie while eating their sandwiches.

Now I can finally say to New Yorkers, save yourself the trip to Philadelphia. You have a restaurant in Staten Island that makes food as good as the BEST in Philadelphia.

2  Thank peppertree5706