“manhatten is not number one in soup sandwiches and cute bartenters”
Review of Steiny's Pub

Steiny's Pub
Ranked #14 of 864 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 5, 2014

my wife and i had to make the dreaded trip to staten islandon this cold saturday. Im a food marketer and advitisor for a new jersey weekly. Well, we found steinys by getting off the ferry and walking aimlessly around st george area.
The pub is a small place with local character, we walked in to a very up beat girl named michell, she seemed very eager to get our drinks . So we ordered bloody marys andgood conversation,. When we got the menu i noticed they had a great array of sandwiches and burgers . I asked Michelle about the soups and the cook himself. I was told he real good and worked years for Katz deli in the city . So we both ordered the hamless pea soup i ordered the corned beef club and my wife got one of the stuffed burgers. Now heres the review ........... pea soup was thick , and full of gusto, a meal in itself. The stuffed burger was , reported by my wife was so juicey anf fresh. Now, heres the big one.. the corned beef was one of the best i have had. Who.. knew??? This place his great . Go there..

1  Thank michael j

Reviewed February 18, 2014

On sunday my wife and took the ferry over from Manhattan.. we saw a poster ad about steinys and decided to check it out .. the ice cold beer was welcoming and now was time to eat.. i am a foodie and love finding new and exciting places..... well , my wife ordered mushroom barley soup and a pastrami ruben.. i ordered the clam chowder and a hot corned beef... my wife loved the mush..barley and the chowder was the best i ever had.. the chef is a nice guy named jeff, and hd came over to the table to ask how things were... the corned beef was huge and hot and melted in my mouth.. the pastrami rueben was also huge and my wife enjoyed it..
I would recommend this place to everone... next time i will get a couple pounds of corned beef to take home with me...

2  Thank tommy g
Reviewed February 3, 2014

What a great find! The staff, the clientele and the environment are just plain great. We came over after visiting Manhattan on a weekend trip just to go to Steiny's. It was a particularly cold January afternoon and nobody was out. The bar wasn't very busy when we got there and we were immediately treated like family. We had bloody mary's (made from scratch and seasoned to your liking), crab cakes, seafood chowder and a hot pastrami sandwich. (and huge portions, too!) Everything was delicious! If you go, and Jeff's there, ask him about his brother and Gov. Christie.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We asked a local in the comic shop where was a good place to eat and she recommended here. So glad she did, it is a fantastic place so so friendly and the food was excellent, great juke box and brilliant atmosphere. The woman behind the bar, Michelle is so friendly and welcoming. Most highly recommended by our group of 6 mixed ages from England! Love the jeffcoats, Seymour and Garcia Fernandez. X

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Family owned where owners interact with the customers. We crashed a lesbian Indian wedding here by accident and were welcomed like we were family by patrons and employees.