“Fantastic little pub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Like most of the reviewers on here, we ran across it looking for somewhere to have lunch. We managed to nab the last table, all the rest where full of day trippers having lunch as well. We had a beer and a wine and explored the menu, knowing how big American meals are, I ordered Crab cakes from the appetiser list, lucky I did, there were four, just the right amount for a meal and they were delicious. Hubby cruised the menu and when the delightfully cheery woman came over she sat down at our table, took our order and had a chat. We ended up with a few locals having a chat with us, what a fantastic experience, just like a country pub, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

we found it by chance looking for a place to eat around Staten Island Ferry Terminal. The food is excellent, staff is friendly and prices are fair. Dont miss it

Reviewed June 9, 2013

On Thursday June 5th I walked from the ferry to find this Pub a friend stumbled across
the day before... The plade was packed so I found a seat at the bar, and ordered a beer
and checked out the Specials.. Hot Dogs Steamed in Beer !!!! so I ordered the N.Y. style and the Miami Style..with a side of their Homemade Chips... WOW ..the food arrived in 5 or 6 min...and the plate was a piece of art .. the Dogs were Great...and the Chips mixed in their own garlic ranch dressing was incredible.. all fresh and the best hot dog combo I ever had..a couple next to me asked me how it was ...and a few minutes later I saw order after order being carried out to the other customers ...I found out from the Barmaid that The chef was new at the pub....and his food is creative fun and taste great..I will recommend this place to all my friends and ill be back next week to see what New specials they have at Steinys ....

1  Thank lenny s
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Cozy comfortable Pub. Walked from Ferry terminal looking for a place to stop and take a break. Found Steiny's Pub Enjoyed our short stay and would stop again for a beer and sandwich.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff sort of friendly in an uptight anxious sort of way.... asked for small variation on menu item and while they did it.... she let it be known that she was doing a huge favor. Ribs were covered in sauce which made it difficult to discern the freshness of the meat. I would have preferred the sauce on the side. Guy did ask if it was ok but really only wanted to hear compliments!