“NYC Bound”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Reviewed June 29, 2014

1  Thank Carrie H

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

HORROR!! This hotel is the old Victory Motor Inn. A 4 hour sleazy motel. Even with a name change it's the same.

THIS WILL ALWAYS BE THE VICTORY MOTOR INN NO MATTER WHAT THE SIGN SAYS...

First I booked through Priceline, biggest mistake ever. Get to the hotel after midnight with my wife and 3 year old daughter and they tell me I booked a smoking room. Uh NO! I have a baby. Well they have no other rooms.. After a fuss magically a non-smoking room appears.

We get in the room and there are no blankets just what appears to be "White" sheets. One of them with a burn in it. Ok really no blankets, I continue through the room and find 1 bath towel and 2 hand towels. REALLY!! We just landed want to bath 3 people so we call for more towels. NO MORE TOWELS. In rage I head down and the lady hands me 1 extra towel from behind the counter. No I am in an up roar. Too late to check out so we do not unpack with the intention of sleeping the night and leaving the next day to the Hilton or the Hampton Inn.

Pubic hairs all over the bathroom, my wife is cleaning as I made sure my daughter did not touch the floor of the room. There was blood stains on the wall behind the door. It was disgusting. I can go on and point out other things but I will move to the next day and leave it to imagination.

When I requested to check out and for them to credit me they said that I was responsible for the FULL 4 days because I booked through priceline and that priceline did not allow a credit. So I called priceline and priceline said as long as the hotel agreed they had no problem. I was standing right there when Priceline called and I heard the front desk person speaking with them saying "My system does not allow me to do that" Really your system?? I am from San Francisco and work in high tech, I am an avid traveler and have traveled the world. The only reason I am ion Ramada is because I came home to see family. Priceline came back on the phone with me and said the hotel refused to credit. Normally hotels will credit however this hotel was really stubborn. I told him I know i was right in front of him.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank muhammad s
Shashin G, General Manager at Ramada Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Fellow Tripadvisor Readers:

Isn't it amazing what a few travelers would do and say for a refund?!?

This guest had a family emergency and wanted to check out early. As he booked a non-refundable through priceline, he was refused a refund by priceline. This guest told us to refund his money or he would be malicious and post pics from other hotels, as he is an "avid traveler". The pics posted are NOT from our hotel and tripadvisor has been made aware.

As responsible hoteliers, the first thing we did was investigate his claims. And we were shocked. Shocked because there was absolutely nothing wrong with his room. Almost like an April Fools joke, except the joke was on us.

Perfectly clean and operational bedroom and bathroom. Perfectly clean sheets and walls. Perfect carpet, perfect wardrobe, perfect in-room refrigerator. Perfect flatscreen TV. Perfect smell. Correct number of towels. Correct number of hangers.

Then we began to research the reviewer. What we found: this guest's previous review of our hotel was removed by tripadvisor due to his overt RACIAL comments, violating tripadvisor's (and society's) guidelines. What a surprise...

In short, we will not be subjected to guest's willing to stoop so low as to blackmail us for money.

We have a 180+ reviews on tripadvisor. Please feel free to review these to get an accurate assessment of our hotel. Do not be swayed by the scammers who think they can "get around the system".

So for a great night sleep, complimentary breakfast, complimentary wifi, complimentary parking, please choose the Ramada Staten Island as your hotel of choice in Staten Island, NY.

Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Reviewed June 15, 2014

On arrival everything went as expected, reveived the key cards, went to the room.
Breakfast was as expected, nothing special here. But there are some events worth mentioning:

- got good advise on how to get to the ferry: leave left, turn left and opposite the funarel home is a gas station selling tickets for the subway and busses (the Deli is not). Jump on the bus right there takes you to St. George Terminal in about 25 minutes; The ferry to Manhatten is free. (and Bus and Ferry are running 24/7) Gosh, good location! Very important: on the way back: leave the bus at "Willowbrooks Av", have the driver to advise the proper stop: he might be hard to understand (given the PA-System/accent/time of day)
- wired internet is not working well, packet loss ratio about 25 to 30%, just to the router. For all who do not want to broadcast your sensitive information in to the air and/or have a sense of privacy: don't use internet here. Frontdesk's opinion: not my department. (well, to be honest: the (night) frontdesk first claim was: "we don't have wired internet"; showing her their own leaflet did change mind, well, to uncertainty)
- Next morning, while showering: a hairball was swimming in the bathtub. Yummy! Beside that: room service did best to keep the room clean. Beds were made every day. Fresh towels, well, see next topic
- second night, coming back late and sweaty, finding there are no towels. Frontdesk's opinion: sure, we don't have any, and by the way: not my department, ask somone else, maybe tomorrow morning.
- asked for towels again next morning, different agent at the frontdesk: sure, no problem. And got them within minutes...
- after checkout: additional charge on the card: $25 for I don't know. Maybe for the towels. Have to call and maybe file dispute. But this gonna happen tomorrow. It's past 8pm and the only explanaition I expect now, by experience, is: "It's not my department, call again later..."
- Oh, don't expect real blankets, a simple sheet will do greatly. Hint: there are blankets in the wardrobe.
- Had a room with two queen's: filled up the room more than full.
- Noise level -- be aware: this location is next to the Interstate and they do not have double glass installed. All even numbered 10x rooms are locate next to the road, imposing an impressive noise level by night. Every other room is more silent and not subject of view from the service road. And, of course, you will notice an neighbour taking a shower or flushing the toilet.

Sorry Wyndham: in total -- that sucks. Removed you from my list of acceptable destinations; entirely.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5 mi away
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Ramada Staten Island? Share your experiences!