“FRAUD !!!”

Ramada Staten Island
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Reviewed December 27, 2012

1  Thank VIRGINIA M
Shashin G, General Manager at Ramada Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was in Staten Island for a family event. Relatives booked our stay, and I was very pleasantly surprised. This property is newly remodeled, and is sparkling clean. The staff is very friendly and provides you with a nice greeting whenever you enter the property. Centrally located off The Staten Island Expressway (I-278) with easy on-off access. Complimentary breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Rooms are small and are a bit nosier on the highway side.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The place looks really clean & appears to be fairly recently renovated. Staff were brusque though not quite rude, seemed preoccupied most of the time. I checked into my room to find a dirty paper cup full of tea & milk on the desk. I alerted the desk & they didn't seem to care. The cup remained there during my 3-day stay where I finally threw it out so the next guest didn't find it.

Beware, the heat/air unit will be unplugged, and in the street-level rooms at least they were not possible to reach. With my 6'3" frame I had to move + stand on the desk to turn on the heat.

All in all it was okay, but if everything wasn't so new it'd be unacceptable.

Room Tip: Street level rooms (500 range) have a neat view of the road but the heating/air units are extremely...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BeardedSkeptic
Reviewed December 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

After an inordinate amount of research and reviews, the Ramada inn is by far one of the best hotels in the area, excellent for the "budget traveler". The majority of the hotels in NY are almost double the price. If you want to explore NY and don't mind the commute, this is the place, 25 minutes from the ferry, plus 25 for the ferry trip, we're talking overall 1 hour to get to lower Manhattan, buses are frequent and not expensive if you plan to get the weekly pass for $29,00. I don't know their price for walk-in because I reserved 1.5 month ahead of time, but the check-in process was fast, the Lady on the night shift was sympathetic and even joked with my kid, making us feel comfortable. The rooms are extremely clean to perfection, the bed is made every day so is the bathroom, that alone surpassed my personal expectation. Looks like they have a strict policy for cleanness of the rooms and common areas. We'll definitely stay in the Ramada next year. PS. The other woman on the day shift didn't give much, not very enthusiastic about anything, I guess its her way.... but i recommend this hotel for anyone. Coming back next winter.....

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staff very friendly, stayed before like the hotel and convenience of location.Only complaint was lack of parking

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our experience was very good. We went down to NY for Comic Con and just stayed in Staten Island because it was so much cheaper. Because of Con, and us having jobs/classes earlier in the day, we had to check in super late, as in around midnight. The staff was so nice that they allowed to us to check in that late (especially one of the staff named.. Debra?).

The place was easy to find (a lot easier to find compared to that damned ferry). The area seemed safe considering we were coming back real late and leaving super early. We never got to try the food if that was any since we would eat the poptarts we brought with or order in food. There's a lot of places you could order in food from.

When we got there, the room was super stuffy, but we just cracked the window open and aired it out and cranked the AC to max. By the time we went to bed, it felt real good in there. Another small downside would be the actual location. It was next to a highway, so you do hear the cars driving by all the time. However, for me, it didn't bother me since I need some noise to go to sleep and my other two friends sleep like rocks.

Overall, the hotel was good and we're defiantly coming back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5 mi away
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Ramada Staten Island? Share your experiences!