“Great combination of food and service”
Review of Filippo's Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hope, New Jersey
“Great combination of food and service”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

While there are many fine Italian restaurants in Staten Island but few offer an intimate atmosphere with good food and service. Filippo's is unique in that respect. The restaurant is in a strip commercial building but the interior is nice but not spectacular inside. It could use an updating to match the cuisine.

Visited November 2013

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“My daughters college graduation was high lighted by the luncheon we had at Filippo's”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I went into trip advisor to search out Italian restaurants in Staten Island New York to take my daughter and family to for lunch following her College graduation. I went strictly by the reviews, menu and pricing. No one I know has ever gone to this restaurant before. Well I am here to tell you that they have greatly missed out on a wonderful meal. The food was superior, the service excellent and the pricing very reasonable. We had a wonderful celebratory family meal and even had leftovers to take home. I highly recommend this restaurant. It was an incredible, pleasant surprise.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mitsle1
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“The best veal parmigian!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Filippos about 3 times. As soon as you walk in you are always greeted and the wait staff is very attentive. My boyfriend always gets the veal parmigian its delicious. On my visit today for an appetizer I had the clams in garlic and tomato sauce. I asked them to make the sauce alittle spicy. Let's just say me and my boyfriend were soaking up the sauce with bread it was so good. I tried the bolognese sauce with fusilli pasta it was very tasty and the pasta was cooked perfectly. I'm very picky about bolognese sauce and it was perfect. Definitely a do over.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Delectable!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had dinner for the first time tonnight at Filippo's. I didnt have a reservation and were seated immediately with a dear friend of mine. Bread basket was put on the table and had 2 glasses of house wine. Shared assorted appetizer platter which had shrimp, mozzarella, roasted peppers, baked clams. The platter only contained 2 of each but it was satisfying. As my entree, I have chicken saltimboca, It was very moist and cooked well. Coffee and sorbet for dessert. Bill came to $108. .I will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
New York
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place is awesome! The food is phenomenal!! The sangria is the best I've ever tasted. We will be back again and again!

• Visited July 2012