“Excellent stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Staten Island, New York
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've been here for about two weeks now. The service has been superb. Yes, Stephen the breakfast attendant is the best I've ever seen or been around and I spend about seven months of the year in hotels. My compliments Stephen... Additionally the staff is very attentive to your needs, they have gone above and beyond, the cleaning staff has been the same, excellent. I feel the price is a little excessive although it is New York need I say more.

Overall excellent

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Black River, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2012

FROM THE FT. DRUM FMWR GROUP
Exceptionally help, Friendly Staff - we will be staying next trip down to NYC
Stephen was the best breakfast staff I have ever had, It was as if we were dining at a friends house. He was cleaning, stocking, serving the tables, chating with guest, telling about sites to see. His man made each guest feel welcome, it was a great way to start off the day.

My two girls and I stayed for two night to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2012. Our room was very clean. It was stocked with clean bathroom items plenty for the 3 of us to take showers. The coffee was stocked and re-stocked in the room each day ;) Had items of value in the room that were out and safe. The front desk was very help full and had answers for each question we asked. The bus driver was on time and happy to drive us to and back from the ferry, which saved us time and $. Thank you all again, I will not be staying in the city next time I will be staying at the Hoilday Inn Express In Staten Island

Room Tip: * the only issue I had is that the microwave, needs to be replaced (but they know about this and are...
Fort Drum, New York, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Lets start off by saying... I get booked into a smoking room... being a non smoker myself .. first night sore throat. That however was the LEAST of my worries when I saw a blood stain on the first bed, and after moving to the second bed and trying to relax...I look up to see a cockroach crawling on the ceiling above my head. UNREAL. are you kidding me? Room was dirty, on top of the blood stains and cockroach.. Shower had NO pressure water drizzled out.. .do you just top clean the rooms or really clean them??? HOW often do you check to make sure things are properly working in the rooms? ... Guy at front desk was a complete idiot.. First It being a holiday and nothing open I figured eh, let me get some food here... nuke it in the microwave the guy SWORE was down one floor in the breakfast/meeting room.. Trying to charge my card.. he had NO clue and was like.. well Ill just leave it for my manager and have them do it.. WHAT? .. how do I know you're not messing up the charge and .. UGH so I made him cancel it and just gave him cash..then after putting water in my food... I realise ..hey NO MICROWAVE. thanks, wasted money. .. seriously? If you didnt have STEPHEN (who worked the breakfast area) ..I would NEVER EVER EVER even think twice about coming back to your hotel. He is the sweetest guy ive ever encountered in my hotel experiences. He treated my son amazingly...was so patient with a 4 year old, and extrememly helpful. WONDERFUL MAN WHO probably gets paid less then he deserves.. HE KEEPS YOUR customers coming back, NOT your other employees (who would pass in the elevator and glare) ..OR your disgusting rooms. .. ridiculous. Thank you Stephen for making my HORRIBLE experience at This hotel worth it.

1 Thank Nichole C
Reviewed November 22, 2012

In town for work - we lucked out by staying at this hotel, the staff was exceptionally helpful from the day I checked in-the nice young lady working the front desk was even helpful enuff to allow an early check in several hours early, which was a major relief for me after a long morning on the road...Rooms are kept very clean, I have to agree with a previous reviewer about the continental breakfast-while the food is your typical HIE buffet, there is a guy working there named Steven who makes breakfast an enjoyable expieience that you will actually look forward to each day, no matter if u wake up on the wrong side of the bed, he is sure to put a smile on your face.

• Stayed November 2012
new york
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel looks nice in the pictures, was convienent to my job site, and offered free breakfast. I though it would be an okay hotel to stay in due to me being at work most of the day and just having to sleep there. Wrong! After working a 12 hr day, I come in to shower only to realize the water is dark brown and gritty/grimy, I mean dark like you know what. I understand that those circumstances are out of their control probably, but when I got out to dry off, I had two hand towels hanging up! The front desk attendent stated since they don't have washers/dryers on the location they send them to a laundry service and they hadn't gotten them back. She put the manager on the phone which was an indian guy who told me he hadn't had a day off in so many days & I should feel sorry for them because of the storm, & told me a towel should be the least of my worries. The front desk clerk gave me 4 bottles of water to brush my teeth & wash my face. I paid 159.00 a night there and stayed there for 18 nights before that happened & I felt like they could have at least tried to accomodate me a little better. Alos, the walls are thin so you can hear people all night & early in the morning.This really impacts how I look at Holiday Inn Express's and has me double thinking if I ever want to stay at one again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lora H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Lora H,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been staying here for the past two weeks due to Hurricane Sandy and I have to say that my experience has been great here. Everyone is very pleasant and they address your needs very quickly which is great being the hotel is filled to capacity.

One person who stands out is Stephen who works in the breakfast break-room. He is an absolute pleasure to deal with. He makes sure the kitchen bar is well stocked and is very quick to get you anything you need. His hospitality makes you feel welcomed, as if it was your second home (and in my case it is my current home).

new york
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We live in Staten Island and this hotel became our home for 9 days after hurricane Sandy. Our house has been left in very bad condition with first floor totaled and without power and gas.
The whole staff was incredibly great to us; any of our requests were taken care right away to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
Room is very clean, internet service worked without interruptions; TV channels are the whole package for any taste and interest.
Our special thanks to Nazib at customer service, who always treated us with respect and we were given full attention. In few words he is just the perfect customer service representative!
Many-many thanks to wonderful Stephen, who works in the breakfast area. This man was always very attentive to hotel guests and was doing his best for everyone to feel warmth of the second home. No words can express our gratitude to him and we think that employee like him should be noted and awarded.
Now we are back home, but our hearts will keep only good memory about our stay.
I would like to recommend this hotel to all guests of our great New York. It is very conveniently located in the middle of Staten Island (10 minutes from Newark airport). You can use hotel shuttle to get to the ferry and in 20 minutes you are in Manhattan. You will save big bucks, believe me!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West? Share your experiences!