“Exceptional Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Lebanon, Ohio
“Exceptional Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

My family and I had been on the road, for over 12 hours. We thought it would be a good idea, arriving in Staten Island, early. Well, not a good idea. We were exhausted! It was 9am and check-in was 3pm. My husband went into the hotel, came back to the car, and told us to come on in. That was the best news we could hear. The hotel had a clean room and allowed us to check-in early! We were all able to shower and eat a good breakfast. Needless to say, our kids were very happy!
We love our room, it's very clean and the decor is beautiful. The staff is amazing, always available and friendly. We absolutely love Stephen, in the dining room. He's above and beyond helpful and friendly. Every morning he gives us tips and ideas for sight seeing.
We always stay in a Holiday Inn Express. I'm so glad. The service and staff have always proven to be the best. When we return to Staten Island, we know where to stay. Thank you!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Clean, well kept, excellent and helpful staff, reasonable breakfast. I'll stay here again whenever I need to be on Staten Island. However, if you're looking for a resort or a great location to see NYC - not a good choice. This is a simple, clean option when you need to be on Staten Island.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I have traveled to Staten Island three times in the last year to visit with family. Each visit we chose to stay at this hotel. When we arrived, on all three occasions the personnel at the front desk were friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful. The rooms were clean with no unwelcome surprises and were very comfortable. Lastly, in the morning when you awake, waiting for you is a hearty, healthy, and appetizing breakfast that will satisfy any hungry visitor. Too, I must say the service is great, Steven was a breathe a sunshine to brighten up your day. Cheers!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Last minute booking Ann was very helpful and friendly. Nazib was so nice and helped out with all I asked for. Can always trust Holiday Inn Express. Will def stay their again on our next trip to Staten Island!

2 Thank tfroncek
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Going to my 40th class reunion, a bad hotel stay was the last thing I wanted to attend to, being one of the arrangers of the venue I had enough on my mind. To my surprise, regardless of the price, I was pleasantly pleased from the moment I stepped my foot into the lobby after a long, delayed flight from Florida. There was no fridge and I like my Frappacino Mocha drinks cold. So the manager, Nazib, offered his to keep my drinks in. My room was a little small with one king bed, but I wasn't there to dance, just to sleep. It was very clean, and that's very important. No odors! Bathroom a nice size. Parking a little tight being that Comfort Inn is right next door and another hotel is coming. The continental breakfast was a lot and good. I would like to see more restaurants there, being you're out in no where land, other than just Wendy's. So putting microwaves and fridges in the rooms are a must in the future so folks can have food in the rooms. I would stay there again when I'm up that way.

Room Tip: I stayed up on the top, fifth, floor and rear of the hotel. I found it to be quiet.
Antioch, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Only stayed one night at this property so I will try and be as fair as possible.

This is a decent property but definitely built for a tight space, and considering it is on the west side of staten island (where there is room) it was built as if it were in one of the other, more crowded burroughs.

It seems to be owned by a company that has 2 other chains on the same property and parking is very tight at night (at least during the summer). My room (with a king) was smaller than a typical Holiday Inn Express and didn't have a refrigerator or microwave, but had a nice LCD television and furniture.

I wish I had more positive things to say about this property, but nicely decorated and clean is pretty much it; oh it was priced well but again, this place is way out so it is not like you are near anything.

I will say this as a warning, the windows do not keep out the highway noise and the hotel was built for packing in rooms.

I will leave the review at that because as I said I only spent one night and didn't have time to check out the breakfast on the Concourse level (slick word for basement in NYC), nor if there was an exercise room.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear travel94531

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Although your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel. I enjoyed my breakfast a lot. Everything was fresh and nicely presented. The Staff of the hotel was helpful. We had one problem there which ruined our plans. We picked Staten Island and this hotel for our vacation to take a ferry and visit New York. This hotel has a shuttle to the ferry, but not every day (probably from Wendesday or Thursday to Sunday) and we didn't know about it. We arrived on Monday and a receptionist informed us late in the afternoon that we need to use our own car to go to the ferry. Disappointing. The hotel was clean but they don't have a good laundry service, because lots of towels had holes or dirt from the washing machine.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West? Share your experiences!