Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$139
Hotels.com$139
Priceline$139
eDreams$139
Travelocity$139
Trip.com$151
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I'm really surprised by the amount of positive ratings for this hotel. Believe me when I say that I'm not a "fussy" traveler! Here are the facts of our only stay at this hotel ....
First, the reason we chose this location was for the convenience in visiting friends & family. As soon as we walked into the room, we noticed a strange damp smell - like wet carpeting. After walking around the room in stockings for about 1/2 hour, the bottom of my socks were noticeably dirty. The TV remote did not work & a maintenance guy came to our room twice to try and fix it, but could not. The TV was not High Definition. There was no fridge in the room to keep our drinks cold overnight. The room was very small and the only chair to sit in was the desk chair. The bathroom was tiny and had no counter space for personal items. There was a typical sign about re-using towels to save water & energy (which I am in favor of) but no towel bars to hang up wet towels, so how are they supposed to dry? There was no "do not disturb" sign for the door. The guests on our floor were very noisy until around 1:30 am. They kept talking in the hallway & knocking on each other's doors.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HI Express S, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear heyyougetoffmycloud,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We want to extend our sincere apology for the issues experienced during your stay. We have forwarded your comments to the head of our housekeeping department to ensure corrective actions are taken to fix these issues. We hope you would consider giving us another chance to prove we can provide a better overall visit and exceed your expectations of our property!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

It is in a quiet area, about a half hours drive to/from the Staten Island ferry. They do offer a shuttle but the last shuttle from the ferry is 9pm and we knew we would be later than that so we did not utilize the ferry. Breakfast was decent. I can't eat gluten but they had yogurt and hard boiled eggs plus sausage and eggs one morning then bacon and eggs the next. They also had many other things that my family enjoyed. We were given breakfast coupons upon checkin but they never collected them. Didn't bother us either way, we just kind of wondered why they would give out coupons if they weren't going to collect. The rooms are small but I had read reviews and expected it so I was not surprised and I didn't mind. We had a corner room with 2 queen beds and our room seemed a little smaller than my mom's room with 2 queen beds not in a corner. The corner rooms are also right by the stairway so I could hear the slamming of the stairway door starting at 5am. If I were to stay again I would request a room that was not a corner room. There isn't a ton of parking right by the hotel but we were told me we could in any space at any of the 3 hotels right next to each other. So we parked at another hotel and walked the short distance to our hotel. It worked out fine.

Room tip: Non-corner room
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear nolan1123,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted we had the opportunity to serve you and your family while here on the island. We appreciate your comments to help our future guest and we look forward to accommodating you in the future with an even better overall experience!

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We arrived at midnite after a long day of driving, exhausted and just wanted to sleep. The room was nothing more than a closetless tiny room with a Queen bed NOT a King that we paid for!!!! The bathroom had no place for more than 1 person to put toiletries. The pictures showed a mini fridge and microwave, there was none to be found.

Sunday we did get housekeeping in but monday after being gone all day for an emotionally exhausting day of burying my father we found the bed unmade and not a dry towel to be found. The front desk did send someone up with towels but I can't sleep in an unmade bed and hurt my back making it.

I can say we did get breakfast that was decent, coffee, bagels with cream cheese and scrambled eggs on sunday and monday but couldn't get in the room for even a cup of coffee on tuesday due to over crowding. the poor lady working the area was overwhelmed and the tables were so crowded that walking past a seated person was near impossible.

There are 2 other hotels next door, use one of them before going to this Comfort in.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HI Express S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Dear Laila G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We want to extend our sincere apology for the issues experienced during your recent visit and also our condolences for your loss. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we appreciate your comments so that they may be forwarded to all the involved departments. We will ensure no other guest have the issues experienced. Due to our location as a New York City property the rooms are on the smaller side, but we try to make up for this with great service and convenient amenities. For future we can also provide a refrigerator and microwave free of charge prior to arrival when requested. We understand your impression, but we hope you would consider giving us another chance to provide a much better overall experience in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

Clean, but small room. Excellent complimentary breakfast. HOWEVER. a 36% rate increase from last year to this year!!! Not really worth it any more. All emails to the management co., M&R Mgmt. in Great Neck, to complain about the ludicrous increase, were returned as undelivered.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I booked this last minute due to a layover and was very pleased with the standard of the hotel. I availed of the free shuttle service from the hotel to the ferry and thought this was a brilliant idea! Would certainly stay again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
HI Express S, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Dear Niamhyosa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary shuttle service to the Staten Island ferry was convenient for your trip! We look forward to seeing you again soon for an even better overall experience.

Best Regards,