“WILD AVENUE”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
manhattan
“WILD AVENUE”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The rooms are too small for the price ,
the place is fairly new but smells old already.
it was disappointing but I wont say it was bad but I would say its average
The front of the house staff are yes good and helpful. the check in was fast and professional

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your time to write about our hotel. I welcome all feedback positive or negative to make sure we know exactly how people see our property. Your comments will be shared with the hotel staff and supervisors (of which I say I am glad to hear you were treated with professional and courteous manner.

If you decide to come back I will think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I hope you find this message well.

Kind Regards,

Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My first time at this hotel was a great experience! I came to staten island to visit my family and wanted a close place to stay. I must say it was a pleasure to be greeted when I checked in at the front desk he was so friendly and welcoming, his name was matthew anything I needed he was happy to help and he was very accomodating. The rooms were ok, it was clean too. LA fitness is right across the street which was a plus! I also recommend the comedy club that's in the same plaza as the gym! It's a great spot to grab some food and drinks with family members or friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Good Afternoon and thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. I hope that you have had the chance to return and that we can be available for all your hotel needs. Staten Island is beautiful place especially this past weekend with the Independence day parade that we had on Victory Blvd just a block away it was a sight to see.

Please let us know when you are in town again we would love to have you over again.
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I traveled to the Comfort Inn with my family a few days ago because we were in town visiting family. As soon as we entered the hotel, we were greeted by very kind, helpful people, especially the employee at the front desk, Matthew. He made sure that we had the best visit possible, and told us that anything we needed, he was there to assist us. Overall, the rooms were very clean, and the breakfast was great. Would definitely stay at the Staten Island Comfort Inn if we were ever in town visiting family again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to read your response. Your experience is something I want to capture and make sure we are consistent with all our guests. I have shared your words with my staff and they are very appreciative.

I hope that you get to visit us real soon and we are always your 1st choice when staying in Staten Island.

Warm regards to you and your family.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall clean rooms but very small. In a place like Staten Island where space is plentiful, I would have expected something a little bigger. I had to put my luggage on the bed as there was literally no room to walk if I open it on the floor.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking time to write our experience. It is with people like yourself that care enough to make sure there comments are known that we can continue to look at customer feedback and better take care of our guest experiences.

I know that you must be a busy person but if you have anything else that you left out I would like to know. I do hope that you will try us again soon.

Have an Excellent day.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had to stay 3 nights here with my 5 year old. We were visiting a sick relative and didn't have a choice on when we visited, and we had to share a king bed as that was the only room available and most other hotels were booked. I did ask about a double bed room at check in and was cut off and told they were booked full.

Ok, that's fine, a king is what I reserved. But what I found surprising was, there was some sort of men's group - I would say sports team or something like that, occupying 5 or 6 rooms on our floor. At the end of the hall, there are 4 rooms all grouped together. In our case, this was our room, and this men's group occupied the other 3 rooms. The stairwell was also at this end of the hall.
Well, every morning, these guys all got up at 4:30am, and used that stairwell to go in and out several times. The door slammed, they talked loudly, and the walls were so thin, they might as well have been in the room with us. My 5 year old woke up at least an hour earlier than normal every morning we were there.

I've never managed a hotel, but I would think you would not chose to put a woman and a small child in the middle of the same block of rooms these men had reserved. But what do I know?

Beyond that, the room we were in was tiny. There was enough space for one person to walk around the bed and that was it. There was no closet, only a very narrow wardrobe (maybe 15 inches wide) in one corner next to the bed. No suitcase stand - there was no room for one to even fit in the room. This is a typical New York City size hotel, but this wasn't Manhattan and I expected more.

It backs an old Staten Island landfill - don't worry, it's not piles of trash. Grass has grown in over the top of it.

Breakfast was fine - eggs, cereal, waffles, fruit, yogurt etc

The shuttle no longer runs to the Staten Island ferry, so if you're thinking about staying here and going into the city, you'll have to take the city bus to the ferry.

The neighborhood was typical Staten Island, but I wouldn't have walked around after dark.

Honestly, unless you have to stay on Staten Island, stay elsewhere in general, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel either if you do stay on Staten Island.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write about your experiences here at the hotel. I am sorry your experiences were anything less then exceptional at our hotel. With regards to your placement of your hotel I would agree that you would want to be as comfortable as possible. I am sorry that you had to be next to a rambunctious group. I know that your experience is your experience and I cannot change it but only let you know that since then the hotel is in better standing all around with more care placed to guest experiences. Also the Shuttle is actually ACTIVE and runs 5 days a week Wednesday thru Sunday from 8am - 10pm. If you like to come back for a second look I am sure you will be more then pleasantly surprised. Please let me know if you would like to take me up on my offer. I hope you had a safe and happy holiday weekend.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were looking for a cheap hotel to crash in before an early flight out of JFK. The price was much higher than usually charged by this chain but to be expected in the greater NYC area. The room was actually very nice, though very small. The breakfast buffet was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
It was great to read your message and to know that your experience was a positive one. It is unfortunate that I didn't get to meet you myself I wasn't in the hotel at the time. I do hope now that you found us that we will get a chance to take care of your hotel needs in the future. I hope you had a great holiday weekend.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First impression of the hotel is poor location. There is an abandoned hotel in front of the HI Express and this hotel. Parking gets full at night. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking in that area at night.

Second impression doors of the room were kicked in and then jimmied back together.

Third...really really small room and even smaller closet.

Maybe my opinion would be different than when I stayed there. There were flood survivors and flood restoration happening at the hotel. People were smoking pot at all hours in the stairwells. Loud obnoxious argements every night and every morning. I'm actually surprised my vehicle wasn't broken into during my stay.

The staff was accomodating but I could tell the ambience was getting to them as well.

Room Tip: Not a lot of places to eat walking distance. No laundry facility.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron R
CI G M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello Ron, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, it is greatly appreciated.
My sincere apology that we did not meet your expectation, but as you mentioned and you are absolutely right it is not our fault. The first building that you see is not abandoned; it is brand new building under construction for upcoming new full service hotel with food and beverage. Our location is safe and very convenient.

Due to the hurricane a lot of people were affected and we are helping the community and the state to accommodate them. Unfortunately some of them are not at their best behavior, but it is beyond our control, and we are trying our best to control the situation to the best of our ability. Some agencies found alternative lodging for the people you are talking about and no longer staying with us.

We are finished with storm related renovation, and we reopened our new meeting room, exercise room, and business center. We continue to offer free Wi-Fi, parking and serving delicious breakfast.

Thank you.
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Comfort Inn Staten Island? Share your experiences!