“One of my all time favorites”
Review of Beso

Beso
Ranked #4 of 871 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Walking distance from ferry. Great tapas menu. Paella is one of my favorite menu items alson with the skirt steak. we had a girls night out so we ordered a bunch of tapas and premium Sangria. we loved everything about this please except its very small and we waited a while before we were seated for our 8pm reservation. the bar was packed but we didnt mind too much it was girls night out. We plan on going again for date night with the men.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The premium Sangria is the best ever (besides Real Madrid). The food is to die for. My favorite is Maduro: Plantain w shredded chicken & sour cream. The coconut shrimp is also a fave. My only complaint is not being able to make reservations if your party is less then 6. It was also recommended to come early or late to not have a long wait. We waited about an hour. Overall, the wait was well worth it. Very romantic atmosphere, good Sangria, great food, and attentive staff.

1  Thank Violet M
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Arrived late that night from Germany and was wishing for something nice to eat. My friend recommended it and it was perfect. Nice place good food and friendly service.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Beso is a small spanish restaurant with a lot of personality, decorated with spanish and latin-american paintings, few natural light and intimate music, this could be a tapas bar in Andalusia. The food is awesome, perfect balance in flavors ( we tried paella, salmon and chicken, so there is a significant sample size), and the sangria is amazing here!..The not-so-good was the service: slow, and prone to forget orders. Yes, we wanted another bread plate and the waiter ignored this..We reminded him again ( We told him we will pay for this) and kept ignoring us...Finally, third time the charm, he told us that they were running out of bread..And that´s the only reason I don´t give Beso 5 stars..

1  Thank DamianPiedra
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This place is located by the water. Place is pretty small and cramped. The waiters are lacking in service. The busboy took a drink i barely finished after waiting 15 minute for waiter to bring me. He came to apologize about it but never replaced my drink. We ordered 3 appetizers and two entrees which were ok. We decided to order dessert and coffee but waiter after 20 minutes never came for our order so we got the check and left. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone else they work on getting professional staff especially for the prices they are going for.

1  Thank Erica M