“Cool zoo on Staten Island”
Review of Staten Island Zoo

Staten Island Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: A kid-friendly zoo in New York City.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been taking my kids here for almost 10 years. There are always new exhibits and improvements. We have had class trips, halloween haunts, arts and crafts and animal feedings. The website keeps updated with many activities and nifty things to see at the zoo.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This zoo is not large in size. Dont let that fool you they have great exhibits. The perfect zoo for children, or couples looking to get our for a couple hours. You will not see larger animals such as Elephants or Giraffe. Its a zoo you can see in its entirety in 2 hours. Its a perfect morning or afternoon trip.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall the Zoo was perfect for the little ones. I have 3 boys, 2 who joined me on this trip to the Zoo, 4 & 6, and they had a great time. Plenty for them to see. Place is a good size that we don't have to hear complaints from them about walking forever, etc. Had a nice day at the Zoo and plan to return soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Fun way to while a way a couple of hours on Staten Island. Combined with ferry ride makes for a great excursion from the bustle of New York. Small and some of the enclosures are outdated but new Amur Leopard enclosure worth the trip. Good childrens petting zoo area and small cafe and shop.

1  Thank Aliandizzy
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The zoo was clean and well maintained, but I was a little underwhelmed by the size and variety. It's convenient, but I much prefer the Turtle Back Zoo. Disappointed about the pony rides that were discontinued. My young granddaughter enjoyed it so that made it all worthwhile.

1  Thank Nancy D

Been to Staten Island Zoo? Share your experiences!