“UNCORKED 2012”

Historic Richmond Town
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreated village has period buildings from the late 17th to the late 19th centuries.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

wow i never ever imagined that staten island can be so hip or shall i say so soho like Yes enjyed the day of food wine and cooking classes Dont miss they have it every year

Reviewed February 2, 2013

There are many hosted events here. Like the annual Chili contest. Otherwise this may get a little on the boring side.

1  Thank Didojen
Reviewed January 25, 2013

walking around the streets of richmond town , you feel like you are in the twlightzone. it feels strange , but fun. you will see how things were made back then. you can also have lunch there. it is a great place for kids.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had happened across the site of Historic Richmond VIllage in 2008 but I as I was there randomly it was possible to walk around the main street but little else and having reviewed the map I wanted to go back at some point.

Fast forward to October 2012 and I am in New York as part of a second honeymoon looking for a trip out of Manhattan with my wife who has not been to NYC before and I mention that I had wanted to visit Historic Richmond Village some 4 years ago but it was shut on the day I visited. We research it and find that whilst we are in NYC there is an open day with people in costumes and we decide that although it is a bit of a trek from Manhattan, to do it.

I am happy we did. There were a number of buildings which whilst looking a little dilapidated from outside, there are genuinely restored interiors. Tin melding/reshaping, cooking, general store and the workers/volunteers(?) all very eager to answer questions.

Although the people in costumes were not in-character for the time period it was a very informative visit learning about bits of the history of Staten Island and New York as a whole. I learnt the reason why the New York Knicks play in Orange (I'd never much thought about it before), not the kind of thing you'd expect to find out at Historic Richmond Village.

1  Thank Mark11111112123
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Historic Richmond Town is at it's best when you catch them hosting an event or festival but it is a nice experience on its own. Everyone who works there is incredibly informative and is very excited to share what they know. My most recent experience was The Richmond County Fair, there were a slew of vendors, local artists and crafters as well as demonstrations on how tools and things were made back in the old days. The buildings are very well kept and are just adorable. My favorite past time is to wander the cemetery of St. Andrews and read the tombstones.