“Avoid Jenny's Country Manor Lodge!”

Jenny's Country Manor Lodge
Richmond, Virginia
“Avoid Jenny's Country Manor Lodge!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Shelly, at http://hotels.com reservations, never told me about Jenny's Country Manor Lodge's no - refund cancellation policy for any rooms booked after 7:00 pm on August 5th, 2011. On 8/24/2011 she made my reservations for Friday & Saturday, August 26th & 27th, so I should have been warned about it then. Instead, I only found out when I called http://hotels.com later that day when I had to cancel my travel plans due to hurricane Irene.

Hurricane Irene hit the East Coast that weekend, causing a lot of damage and power outages. I was unable to travel from Virginia to Jenny's in NY. Even though they were given three days notice, Donna (who works at Jenny's) refused to return the money that they charged to my credit card. Donna did not even offer an exchange for another time when I could visit in the aftermath of the storm.

Because there was no mention of their no - refund policy at the time of purchase and because Donna refused to provide a solution to the problem this policy created, I feel ripped off. Therefore, I want to advise all travelers not to stay at Jenny's if there is any chance that their trip will get canceled because they'll get ripped off also.

Don't let this happen to you! I will stay with Choice Hotels and Hilton Properties from now on because they know how to treat long term customers and will accept cancellations when plans have to change.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EastCoastCruisers
donnajean1, Owner at Jenny's Country Manor Lodge, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Just to respond to this review...I was never spoken to by the customer about cancelling their reservation. I spoke to the customer shortly after the reservation was made online. He informed me that he was really looking forward to his visit to our area for the weekend of August 26 & 27. We actually had a very nice conversation. He never asked me about any cancellation policy when we spoke. He is blaming me for something that the online reservation person should have told him or he should have asked. He never called me (Donna) again about a cancellation or any refund. Shortly after our original conversation on the 24th, I received a call from Expedia.com asking about a cancellation due to weather conditions. Hurricane Irene never reached our area until the night of the 27th. If I had received a phone call from the customer with concerns about the hurricane, there would have been a mutual agreement made between the two of us.
I am not an unreasonable person and I want to please my customers as best as I can. I am sorry for this misunderstanding, but this can happen when there is a third party involved. This was a big misunderstanding

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanfordville
Hampton Inn Kingston
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Church des Artistes Guest House

Been to Jenny's Country Manor Lodge? Share your experiences!