“Consistently good !”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Massapequa Park, New York
“Consistently good !”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have been eating here for the last five years, I actually think their food has gotten better the last couple of years or so, it's very good for Upstate NY and in the top three in the area (20 mi) . You won't be dissappointed, I live on Long Island and have eaten at great restaurants that we are so lucky to have here, but whenever I eat out Upstate, Mama Maria's is on top of the list. The staff and owners are top rate !!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank almar88

North East
“Never Disapointed...”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Must say we have eaten at Mama Marias about 4 times now when visitng family in that area of New York. We have always been happy with our meals and trust me we are particular about where we eat and where we return to. The prices are also very fair for the quality & portion. Their Lasagna is Delicious... Eggplant Rolatini Yum! Garlic Knots fantastic. my father in law had the Veal Marsala and Loved It... he came back months later for another round. Large portions and Large quality salads. A very nice Antipasto to feed the family. Yes... It can get very busy on weekends (because it's good) so that's par for the course and things will take a bit longer to come out when a restaurant is busy... they do a good job keeping you happy with the garlic knots in the mean time. The food has been worth the wait everytime.

2 Thank islade
stamford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere with pleasant staff and reasonable prices.”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Mama's is truly a good place for a tasty meal prepared with good ingredients. This family run restaurant is a great part of our community as well as being a contributor to many community activities. We have lived here more than ten years and it is one of only three places our family goes for dinner. The serving sizes most often mean that we have take-home goodies for lunch the next day. The quality of service and food will having us returning there for a long time

1 Thank blinkin55
Burnt Hills, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were encouraged by our neighbors in Stamford to go and try this place. We made the mistake of deciding to have dinner there on a Saturday evening, it was packed. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait for our table. Our waitress was hustling between tables and really did her best to keep up. We received these wonderful, fresh from the oven garlic knots with our beverages. Heaven. After that, the dinning experience went down hill rapidly. Salads were okay. For an appetizer, my husband ordered pasta fagioli. It was a Campbell tomato soup base,kidney beans, a little bit of pasta and BROCCOLI! I ordered crab cakes. The were fine if you prefer bland. For my entree I ordered a lemon chicken pasta and it was tasty. My husband ordered Shrimp Scampi. In the menu it was described as "shrimp sauteed in butter". It was obvious the shrimp had been deep fried, which my husband was okay with, but disappointed. What made him unable to even eat the pasta was that the cooks had dumped the shrimp directly onto his pasta and all he could taste was deep fryer oil. Requesting the meal to be brought back was not an option by this point. We were there mainly waiting to be served each course almost two hours.
During this time after we received his soda and my glass of wine we had requested a soda refill and a glass of water by the time we had received our salad. When the plates for the salad were picked up and when the appetizers came we again made a request for beverages. I waved the waitress down again and she explained they ran out of glasses. When His soda refill came (I never ended up getting a water) they had run out of ice.
Lesson learned: the customers around us had seem to have stuck with meals covered in tomato sauce and pizza and all seemed happy. Skip the items that seem to challenge the cooks and order two drinks at a time!

2 Thank tobadkydz
Delmar, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“accommodating, nice atmosphere, and friendly”
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Recently used Mama Maria's for a reception following a First Holy Communion. We chose a buffet that included Calamari, salad, escarole, sausage and meatballs, chicken marsala, shrimp & ziti w/ vodka sauce, Lasanga, and eggplant.
The children were accommodated with chicken tenders and fries.
The food was great, and the service was excellent.
We had a group of 45, everyone was satisfied.

1 Thank mpttesta