“Charming, great relaxing weekend.”
Review of Belvedere Mansion

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staatsburg
Belvedere Mansion
Ranked #1 of 1 Staatsburg B&B and Inns
Syracuse, New York
“Charming, great relaxing weekend.”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We spent the July 4 long weekend visiting historic sites in the Hudson Valley, Belvedere Mansion is a wonderful site for relaxing & enjoying the area. The ambience is peaceful & quiet we enjoyed the long walks, swimming pool & the Tennis court, well maintained. The breakfast is delicious served in an elegance befitting a Mansion. Great view of the valley. Best of all the staff is helpful & accomodating.
Zen rooms are somewhat dark, though quiet. The communication needs improvement we got a lot of wrong information from the evening/ night staff about morning coffee, breakfast timings & the amenities. The whole facility has one TV in the common area that too was not working!

Room Tip: If you are aversed to dark rooms avoid Zen room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mashpee, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I made a reservation to stay at the hotel 5 months prior to a family wedding. My credit card was charged for 1/2 of the stay cost. I was called and a message was left stating that my reservation was cancelled as "renovations" were being made that weekend. In actuality a wedding was booked after my reservation and my room was given to someone else at a higher cost. Not only have I not received a refund, but no attempt to find alternative lodging was made by the hotel as everything in the area is already booked up. Insane. In years of extensive traveling, I have never been treated like that. I believe it is a breach of contract on their part and if I didn't live so far away, I would seek legal help.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank RSZ02649

Travelers are raving about these Staatsburg hotels

Massapequa, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The interior of this place is stunning. Our room was gorgeous with a huge marble bath tub which basically doubled as a swimming pool (they just done make them like this anymore.)
We had a balcony room which had stunning views of the landscape.
We stayed one night for a wedding. My husband went to the wedding while me and our baby stayed back at the room. It was so relaxing.
Breakfast was superb, its amazing how great the food in this area is. It must be all the Culinary students interning at the local kitchens.

Room Tip: Get a balcony! You wont regret it.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed for one night in June with my family (2 adults, 1 child age 6). If you expect luxury hotel accomodations you will be disappointed but if you appreciate quirky, slightly faded charm with B&B-level amenities you will not be. There is no dinner service on the premises, but they offer a very good breakfast in the opulent dining room. The official choices for breakfast dishes but the staff were happy to honor special requests. Our room in the zen Lodge was rather dark, and the pull out sofa had no sheets on it. The clerk at reception provided some when I went to ask (no phones in rooms). Bathrooms in the Zen lodge are a little quirky: beautiful stone tiles all around but chipped paint on the door and a flimsy plastic shower curtain that did little to protect the rest of the bathroom from spray. Towels were thin and scratchy. The bed was comfortable however and we all had a good sleep. The property seems ideally designed for large wedding parties that will rent the entire place for a weekend. Anyone interested in it for that purpose should seriously consider it as the grounds are lovely and its close to the river and attractions of Rhinebeck.

• Stayed June 2011
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Initially, my husband and I were looking for a nice b&b or Inn to stay at in Rhinebeck NY for one night. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything in Rhinebeck that was available for the weekends we were interested in going. The Belevedere Mansion is a few miles down route 9 and has a 2 night stay minimum but when we called the staff person that we talked to was willing to let us book for one night only despite the "rule" because they didn't have any major events happening that weekend.

We had requested a room inside the mansion and were given the Livingston Room which is in the back of the hotel and cost about $300. Here is a list of the pluses and minuses of our stay:

Pluses: Comfy bed, beautiful well cared for antique furnishings (except the upholstered chairs which they should redo or donate to the goodwill) walk out terrace overlooking the Hudson. The service at the hotel was stellar, the food delicious and the wifi was free and fast (great for watching movies on the ipad since there was no inroom TV).

Minuses: The bathroom in the livingston room is sad. I don't know if it's been updated since the 20's. The fixtures needed to be reglazed and a retrofitted shower would have been great especially since we had a handheld rubber hand shower attached to the faucet with cable ties which shot water all over the bathroom when my husband went to use it. (we did peek into another unoccupied room and the bathroom was definitely a step up from ours so not all of the bathrooms are this pathetic). As drawbacks go, the bathroom is the only one we experienced, however, for a $300 a night room it is not really acceptable.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the mansion. It was really relaxing, which we needed. My only recommendation when booking is to specify a room with updated plumbing fixtures.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bolton
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Everyone who reads this will look back to a time where they’ve visited a hotel, restaurant or guest house where they’ve thought “I’m going to write a review for this place when I get home” and then never do. I certainly know that I’m guilty of that. With the Belvedere though, I was compelled to write a review.

Emma and I got married at the Belvedere on the 8th September 2010 but I’ll come to that in a moment.

Our journey commenced 18 months earlier when we enquired about holding our wedding there. As you can imagine planning a wedding from the UK to the US can be very stressful especially when you’ve only seen the venue via the website and by reading reviews on Trip Advisor. From the outset the level of service we received from Kathy, Jill and Nick was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble especially for Kathy who was our main contact point. Kathy always answered our e-mails promptly and courteously and even offered advice or pointed us in the right direction when we were getting a little off track. Her dedication to her job is so great that she even answered our questions when she was on holiday herself, a quality that I think is very rare these days. She even organised a meal at the Arielle Restaurant in Rhinebeck the night before our wedding for the entire wedding party.

From the moment we arrived at the Belvedere we were overjoyed with our choice of venue and that never changed throughout the time we spent there. The main building with its imposing white pillars and beautifully kept grounds was everything and more than we’d imagined they would be, as was the additional accommodation which was dotted a various locations within the grounds. The decoration was spectacular and truly in keeping with the buildings and was like stepping back in time when you walked through the doors. With our gadget and information obsessed world it was a welcome break not to have a TV in the room and I don’t think any of the other guests missed them as there was so much to see.

It would be unfair of me to not mention the chef and his team who prepared a fantastic meal for our guests on the night of our wedding and can safely say that the food was perfectly cooked and the service excellent. Not to mention the fantastic breakfast served on the veranda each morning.

Our guests still comment on how fantastic the Belvedere was and I could probably go on for longer as I keep remembering other things that made our day so special as I write this, but I’ve probably bored you half to death with the way I’ve gone on already.

So if you want a fantastic place to get married with staff that go out of their way to make your day as perfect as they can then you’d be missing out on a real gem if you didn’t at least consider the Belvedere.

Lee and Emma x

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed October 4, 2010

What a horrible place to stay. From the overpriced rooms (almost $200 a night for a room with a hard bed, no TV, no phone, no room service, but free dust and mold), to the rude staff that is simply there to make sure you do not disturb them while they work, to the dirtiness of the common areas, this place is one to avoid. Yes, for a wedding it is fine, but limit your stay to that. The grounds are nice and cater well to a wedding ceremony but this place, with current ownership and management, needs to either shape up or close shop. Just look at the other reviews. This is a consistent feeling. The hotel looks like it is struggling. There is major termite and water damage in the main building, the water pressure for the showers (if you are lucky to get one) is non-existent, and the lightning in some rooms is so bad that you can see more if you walked outside at night then staying in the room. Do not stay here because you will be mightily disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank travelbug11705
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staatsburg
Roosevelt Inn
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn

Been to Belvedere Mansion? Share your experiences!