“The best mansion on the Husdon”

Staatsburgh State Historic Site / Mills Mansion
Book In Advance
More Info
$73.00*
and up
Hudson Valley New York Great Estates Pass
More attraction details
Owner description: The mansion is beautiful, but the real appeal is in the hundreds of acres overlooking the Hudson River.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to this mansion early on our vacation only to find out there was no tour that day. We were so disappointed. However on our return trio we were able to tour the house. IT IS THE BEST MANSION WE TOURED IN THE HUDSON RIVER VALLEY!!! A Must see.

2  Thank Lori A
"take pictures"
"new york"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went on a Downtown Abbey tour last weekend in June. It was great. Guide dressed as a maid was excellent. I was the only person who had not seen the PBS series. After the tour I got all 3 seasons and watched them. I loved it! the mansion came to life after watching the show.
I hear Christmas is even better!! plan to return. It is also part of a state park.
Don't miss you will enjoy it.

2  Thank machita17
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've visited many gilded age mansions before and what made this home different was the tour guides. They aptly describe both the history of the Mills family, and what it would have been like if you were fortunate enough to be a house guest. While it looks in definite need of repair on the outside, there are several highlights on the inside worth your time to view, including the very pink bedroom of Ruth Livingston Mills and the elegant dining room.

1  Thank epicure7
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I visited the Mills Mansion and would reccomend touring it to anyone in the Hudson Valley area. Our tour guide Mary Ellen was very nice, personable and was knowledgable about the history of the home. We toured both floors of the home. They have a nice gift shop also with books, cats meow collectibles, etc. The grounds are great too. The view of the Hudson river is very impressive. It must have been great to live here many years ago!

1  Thank murphman
See more reviews
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I reserved the "Downton Abbey" tour of the Mills Mansion. Our tour guides dressed as house maids and head housekeeper in keeping with the theme of the lives of upstairs downstairs inhabitants of the Mills Mansion. We were delighted to see so much of the mansion and given many details of the lives of Ogden Mills and his family. This is a must see if you like turn of the century history!

1  Thank mainegirlone