“You get what you paid for”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Springville
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
“You get what you paid for”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We checked in with 15 others attending a snowboard championship at Holimont. We needed a place to sleep and shower that was convenient and affordable. NO ONE got bed bugs and we had 10 rooms throughout the hotel in different areas. My husband had brought our own linens after seeing that review. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is bare minimum but it's there. We choose to book a suite which means you have another sink, a microwave and a small- medium fridge. There are no utensils, plates, cups, mugs anything like that available. They may have had thrasher the front desk, but we didn't ask. There are no stove/burners in the kitchenette. The other thing is the you are next to a McDonalds, across from a Walmart and near other fast food/ markets for your convenience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Rachel14170, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your comments and concerns.
In order to meet the expectations of our respected customers, we have expanded the continental breakfast.
I also want to thank you for your suggestion of utensils in our suite rooms. I believe it is a valuable observation and very deserving of further consideration.
If I can be of service to you or your group in the future, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Springville, NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2011

When I read the other Tripadvisor reviews I was reluctant to stay at this hotel, but because we booked late, our choices were few. You cannot expect a top ranked hotel for the reasonable prices here, but, the rooms are large, modern and clean. The free breakfast was not exceptional, but, what would you expect for the low price you pay?
I was most impressed by the staff who were all courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JOHNTKD
Thank you for your positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.

syracuse
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Stayed there overnight on Oct. 30, 2010 with my two sons. My older son and myself
slept in the two beds. My younger son slept on a cot in the same room. My son and
I that slept in the beds are covered in bedbug bites. There were no comforters on beds
and only a sheet and thin blanket. Stay somewhere else unless you want to be
disgusted with bedbug bites!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SyracuseCny
Thank you for your review, we value the opinion of all of our customers.
I would like to take this opportunity to assure you and all of our guests that the Microtel Inn & Suites in Springville,NY has been thoroughly inspected by a licensed Pest control company and found to have no traces of bed bugs or bed bug activity in the entire hotel.
I would also like to address your concern regarding the blanket or lack there of. All of our beds have white duvets, placed between the top and bottom sheets, perhaps you were unaware of this. We also have extra linens and comforters available at the front desk to ensure the comfort of our valuable guests.

Springville,NY 14141

Travelers are raving about these Springville hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Host was very helpful and friendly. Room had 2 nice king size beds, and was very clean. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your positive feedback.
I look forward to accomodating you in the future.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was just a one night stop en-route to somewhere else so we weren't expecting supreme comfort or elegance...that's good because we got neither. OK we booked a cheap motel so the rooms were small although clean. The key cards were patchy at working and I was told by the man outside the door next to ours that you "had to pull it out quick". I had to go back to the reception and she re-did them but we could still only get one to work. All along one wall of the rooms was a mirror from one end to the next - from the bed level to the ceiling - obviously put in to make the small rooms feel bigger but I am sure you would have got the same effect with white paint - the mirrors only made me feel insecure about myself!! We had made this booking several months before and had requested interconnecting rooms and it was the only place we stayed in the entire holiday where we did not get them. When I asked about this, the receptionist told me that it was because there were already other people staying in the rooms that had interconnecting doors. Fair enough but it soon became apparent that this motel had several long-term residents. They congregated in the lobby in the evening which led to many loud conversations and smoky card games that kept my husband, who is a light sleeper, awake. Breakfast was complimentary but apart from coffee and juice there were several bits of breakfast left - obviously the long-term residents ate most of the fresh stuff... I am not sure we would stay here again - even if it was just for one night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Terri B, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, April 11, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
We do strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. Please consider giving us another chance to accommodate you if you again find yourself in the Springville area
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The desk clerk had our resevations, but could not get us into the computer for at least 20 minutes. We finally checked in our room at 4 PM, dropped off our luggage, and left immediately for dinner. On our way out the clerk stopped us to remind us to make sure that we sign the paperwork when we get back since the computer was still not working. We came back 4-1/2 hours later, signed the paperwork, went up to our room and there was a DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door, TV was playing, and our card key would not open the door. My husband went back down to the desk to see what had happened as I stayed by our room. In about 10 minutes a husband & wife came to the room and opened the door with their key. I explained who I was and they told me that when they entered the room that found our 4 unopened luggages, my blackberry, laptrop, dress clothes and eye medicine. They knew something was wrong and alerted the desk clerk who told them we had checked out and that our keys had been de-activiated. Not believing him - because it looked so obvious that no one had checked out of the room - they were nice enought to bring our things down to the desk. The desk clerk said we would probably realize we left our luggage and would be back for it. They did not believe him and that is why they put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door and the TV blaring when they left for dinner. They were afraid that maybe whoever had been in the room may be returning and would be walking in on them.

After another 30 minutes, the clerk gave us our things back and another room for the night. He apologized but there was no offer of compensation. We felt this was inexcusable for a hotel. It compromised security for us and the other couple and we could have lost expensive personal effects if the other couple had not been so kind and helfpul.

This was the worst!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheBurg025
I apologize if you were not satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your feedback and use it as a guide for training our staff. We value your business and safety. We hope that if you are in the Springville area again you will consider giving us another try.
Laredo, TX
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed there with my husband last march. It was horrible. The carpet had stains and cigarette burns all over it as well as the cushion in the window seat. The television was covered in a thick layer of dust. The cable television was broken and the reception was horrible. The cleaning staff was kind and friendly however the room was not the cleanest I have seen, but it could have looked dirty because it was "worn in", but the front desk was another story. The worker was unpleasant and we could barely understand her with her accent. It was a cheap room that we got just passing through so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Rachel14170, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Microtel Inn & Suites in Springville, NY. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I am the new General Manager for the property and I will strive to meet and exceed the expections of our guests.

In regards to the front desk staff, I am unsure of what was meant in regards to the heavy accent of the front desk clerk. Our staff is primarily made up of native Western New Yorkers, could you possibly be confusing us with the location in Lancaster, NY (off of I-90)? We are located 30 miles south of Buffalo.

Please consider giving us another chance to accomodate you if you again find yourself in the Springville area.

Sincerely

Rachel S. Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springville
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville? Share your experiences!