“Great location for Skiing”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Springville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
OCOEE
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed quite a few times at this hotel, but this was the worst. First the thermostate did not, did not even know this for 2days just thought we had to suffer with it. Then I was told the maintenance man is a farmer and goes home at 10am but they will try to get him back, which they did. The pillows are rock hard along with the beds makes for a restless sleepless night. The next night I asked for different pillows and they found some. Shouldn't the pillows be OK to begin with. The worst was the cleanness of the room. The room was barely vacuumed and the night before my last it wasn't cleaned at all even the trash was not emptied. Coffee that was dripped by accident on counter was there until we left. The manager gave me $20 off. I would have paid $20.00 more and had a great stay. Very disappointed because my son lives close by and this is the hotel we have used in the past. We will see for the future. Also forgot the stains on the sheets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Rachel14170, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Though our maintenance staff does not work full time, had you informed us of any issues, he would have come in immediately to take care of the situation, Also, he is not a farmer.
Housekeepers are not able to go into rooms that have a do not disturb sign on the door, if this was the case, may I suggest removing when you leave for the day, to ensure your room is cleaned properly.

Seville, Ohio
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Was ok. Breakfast was not great for being continental. Very loud, walls are thin. We stayed in an end room and it was extremely loud until almost midnight. But we brought our dogs with us so we didn't have a choice in hotels really. We will only stay here if we have to bring our dogs with us again, otherwise we are going to try a nicer hotel. The room was ok, but had dead flies in places. Desk staff was friendly though. And good location from Holiday Valley if you're looking for a budget place to stay and if you have pets. I would recommend a better hotel if you're looking for a romantic weekend away though. Bed was not comfortable at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelissaC0430
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your opinion and will address the issues mentioned.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I went to a pumpkin patch in southern NY in October to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, all of the hotels around the areas we knew were too expensive. I found a great deal on this hotel, which ended up being half an hour north from our destination and knowing the Microtel brand, we decided to book here. We were NOT sorry. The staff was friendly and helpful when we asked for restaurant suggestions. There is a local grocery store, several restaurants (Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Subway and an Asian cuisine buffet all within walking distance, plus more restaurants nearby) and a Wal-Mart directly across from the hotel as well as a couple of gas stations on the same street. The area was very quiet with hardly any traffic at all. It felt very peaceful there. And of course, during that time of year, the foliage was breathtaking. The only complaint I had was the fact that there was no refrigerator in the room. We nearly always have leftovers when we eat out so we ended up throwing a lot of it away. The room was large, I believe mostly because it was handicap accessible. We didn't have any problems with the TV or any complaints about noise. The room was very clean and the bed was decent (we had a king size). This hotel is about 30 minutes from Ellicottville, NY, which has a small-medium sized ski resort. It is about 30 minutes away from Buffalo, NY. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the southern NY/Buffalo area. If my husband and I decide to make this an annual trip, we will certainly be using this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachel14170, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Springville Microtel. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I did notice that you were interested in a room with a refrigerator and I wanted to let you know that our suites do have a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and sink. As well as a flat screen tv and pullout sofa. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are need of future reservations.

Rachel S Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springville
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Hampton Inn East Aurora
Hampton Inn East Aurora
#1 of 2 in East Aurora
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville? Share your experiences!