“One of the worst experiences ever!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Springville
Ohio
“One of the worst experiences ever!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We TRIED to stay here for one night for an anniversary party we were attending in Springville. We had made reservations a few days before and when we went to check in, the person at the front desk said that they did not have a room for us and that they had overbooked the hotel. We had a one year old and a three year old with us. Thank goodness my parents had gotten a room (with a king bed only) and we were able to get ready for the party in their room. They had asked for a non-smoking room and received a smoking room, because once again, thats all they were left with since they had overbooked the hotel. No help was offered by the hotel and barely even an apology was spoken. We ended up driving the four and a half hours back home to Ohio that night after the anniversary party (got home at 2:00 a.m.). Very poor service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank familytravelerOhio4
Rachel14170, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the Microtel Inn & Suites. It is unclear from the review if you were here in 2010 or 2011. It is not our policy to overbook the hotel, however, some of the 3rd party booking sites such as Expedia and Hotels.com are able to sell rooms even when the hotel is sold out. I believe we have found a way to alleviate that issue. Also, as of April 2011, the entire hotel has been converted to non-smoking for the comfort of our guests. I hope that the next time you are in Springville, you will try us again and give us the chance to redeem ourselves. In order to ensure the accuracy of your reservation, I would suggest calling the hotel directly to make your reservation.

Rachel S. Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I was a bit apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the negative reviews.

However, we only needed a place to stay overnight and the price was really good, so
I decided to go for it.
I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel showed exactly as it did on the website photos.
Outside, it was clean and well maintained.
No issues with check in. It was a breeze.

We stayed in a room with a Queen bed.
It wasn't big but then again, we were not expecting a big room
The room was very clean and so was the bathroom, so on both counts
I was happy.
The bed sheets were actually of soft cotton which again I was happy with.

The bed could be better though as it was just the regular mattress,no pillow tops.
If I stayed longer, then this would be an issue for me as I like the heavenly beds.

The other issue would be one of noise. We could hear the tv next door.
Thank goodness that person turned it off by midnight!

Beside the hotel is a McDonalds; across is a Walmart Supercenter.
Not much we could say about breakfast since we woke up late. My husband
was able to get a bagel & cream cheese.

Other amenities was the free wifi, free long distance calls within the Continental USA and there's a computer with a printer you can use in the lobby.

Oh one last comment, no bed bugs!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chekat23
Rachel14170, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize the quality service and accomodations you received during your stay.

Center Harbor, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We checked in with 15 others attending a snowboard championship at Holimont. We needed a place to sleep and shower that was convenient and affordable. NO ONE got bed bugs and we had 10 rooms throughout the hotel in different areas. My husband had brought our own linens after seeing that review. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is bare minimum but it's there. We choose to book a suite which means you have another sink, a microwave and a small- medium fridge. There are no utensils, plates, cups, mugs anything like that available. They may have had thrasher the front desk, but we didn't ask. There are no stove/burners in the kitchenette. The other thing is the you are next to a McDonalds, across from a Walmart and near other fast food/ markets for your convenience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Rachel14170, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your comments and concerns.
In order to meet the expectations of our respected customers, we have expanded the continental breakfast.
I also want to thank you for your suggestion of utensils in our suite rooms. I believe it is a valuable observation and very deserving of further consideration.
If I can be of service to you or your group in the future, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2011

When I read the other Tripadvisor reviews I was reluctant to stay at this hotel, but because we booked late, our choices were few. You cannot expect a top ranked hotel for the reasonable prices here, but, the rooms are large, modern and clean. The free breakfast was not exceptional, but, what would you expect for the low price you pay?
I was most impressed by the staff who were all courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JOHNTKD
Thank you for your positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.

syracuse
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Stayed there overnight on Oct. 30, 2010 with my two sons. My older son and myself
slept in the two beds. My younger son slept on a cot in the same room. My son and
I that slept in the beds are covered in bedbug bites. There were no comforters on beds
and only a sheet and thin blanket. Stay somewhere else unless you want to be
disgusted with bedbug bites!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SyracuseCny
Thank you for your review, we value the opinion of all of our customers.
I would like to take this opportunity to assure you and all of our guests that the Microtel Inn & Suites in Springville,NY has been thoroughly inspected by a licensed Pest control company and found to have no traces of bed bugs or bed bug activity in the entire hotel.
I would also like to address your concern regarding the blanket or lack there of. All of our beds have white duvets, placed between the top and bottom sheets, perhaps you were unaware of this. We also have extra linens and comforters available at the front desk to ensure the comfort of our valuable guests.

Springville,NY 14141

Travelers are raving about these Springville hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Host was very helpful and friendly. Room had 2 nice king size beds, and was very clean. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your positive feedback.
I look forward to accomodating you in the future.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was just a one night stop en-route to somewhere else so we weren't expecting supreme comfort or elegance...that's good because we got neither. OK we booked a cheap motel so the rooms were small although clean. The key cards were patchy at working and I was told by the man outside the door next to ours that you "had to pull it out quick". I had to go back to the reception and she re-did them but we could still only get one to work. All along one wall of the rooms was a mirror from one end to the next - from the bed level to the ceiling - obviously put in to make the small rooms feel bigger but I am sure you would have got the same effect with white paint - the mirrors only made me feel insecure about myself!! We had made this booking several months before and had requested interconnecting rooms and it was the only place we stayed in the entire holiday where we did not get them. When I asked about this, the receptionist told me that it was because there were already other people staying in the rooms that had interconnecting doors. Fair enough but it soon became apparent that this motel had several long-term residents. They congregated in the lobby in the evening which led to many loud conversations and smoky card games that kept my husband, who is a light sleeper, awake. Breakfast was complimentary but apart from coffee and juice there were several bits of breakfast left - obviously the long-term residents ate most of the fresh stuff... I am not sure we would stay here again - even if it was just for one night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Terri B, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville, responded to this review, April 11, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
We do strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. Please consider giving us another chance to accommodate you if you again find yourself in the Springville area
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springville
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Inn at Holiday Valley
Inn at Holiday Valley
#2 of 5 in Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville? Share your experiences!