“Don't skip the garlic butter tempura chicken wings”
Review of Vietnam Restaurant

Vietnam Restaurant
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Suffern, New York
“Don't skip the garlic butter tempura chicken wings”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A friend of mine surprised me when she said she drove half an hour to go to The Vietnam for its wings(?!?), and so I decided to check it out for myself. We started with the 25. Canh Ga Chien Bo "Chicken Wing Tempura" and they were some of the best wings I've had. Crunchy, battered, garlicky, delicious. For dinner, I got the 6. Tai Nam Gan Sach pho (a little bit of everything) and it, too, was very tasty. Most entrees were under $10, and we found it very affordable. Small, cramped dining room and sometimes slow service, but we're willing to overlook it for the great food and affordable prices.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank HiFiGuy197

New Jersey, US
“Decent Vietnamese food in Spring Valley NY”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A restaurant we can get to in no time when we feel the urge for Vietnamese food! I've lived in northern NJ for years now, and Viet Nam Restaurant has been around for even longer, but it was only a couple of days ago that I found out about this restaurant (while reading about another restaurant run by the same owners, Mekong Grill in Ridgewood, NJ).

We ordered typical Vietnamese fare: banh mi, beef pho, summer rolls. The rolls and soup were good. The banh mi was a bit less so, as the bread wasn't as fresh as it should have been, but the sandwich filling made up for the less-than-stellar bread. It also helps that everything was reasonably priced. We'll be back to try out their other stuff.

Visited June 2013
New Delhi, India
“The best and healthy food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I wish I could go here every day. My favorites dish is the papaya salad, medium spices and the spring rolls. All the food is fresh and crisp unless of course you opt for the traditional noodle soups which are also very good. Prices are very reasonable and the staff are extremely efficient. Try it you'll e back again and again..

• Visited January 2013
Spring Valley, New York
“Like Visiting A Friends House”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've gone to this place somany ntimes that I've gotten to know the family that owns this place. I love the food here and the people are always super friendly. I cantell that I'm always eating fresh ingredients unlike this other place I went to before I discovered this one. My friends and I have made this place our rondevous spot for whenever we're all in town.

• Visited December 2012
Anaheim, California
“Not bad for Spring Valley”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being from Orange County CA that has one of the largest Vietnamese communities in the country, I may be more of a snob regarding Vietnamese dishes.

I started with the Spring Rolls, which were a bit dry, tough and sticky (generally a sign they were made either in the morning or night before). I had to ask for the traditional peanut sauce, as they were served with the vinegar/fish sauce served with bun.

Ordered my favorite - Bun, which is a cool (temperature) noodle dish with lots of fresh greens and this one with Shrimp (like a noodle salad). The shrimp were done beautifully, however the serving size was a bit small and price a bit high. I would have liked my favorite bun - Shrimp with Pork and an Egg roll - but this was not on the menu. In addition, there was no mint leaves on the bun (which gives it a nice light flavor).

The restaurant was a bit dingy on the edge of a not too nice neighborhood.

This was not bad for SpringValley, but it could have been better.

• Visited October 2012