“Great Mexican Food!”
Review of Rancho Viejo - CLOSED

Rancho Viejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food here is very, very good. You get a lot for the price (which is good). If I have any complaint it's that I am pretty sure that they use American cheese instead of cheddar (at least for my dish they did). The beer was a little high price but the restaurant had a great margarita special and it was very good. Worth a stop. We may go back if we drive thru there again.

3  Thank Bunny V

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Rancho Viejo recently moved into the old Lighthouse Diner space on the corner of 31 and Union Street. My family and I have been fans of Monte Alban for many years until we moved to the Westside and we're excited to see a similar style restaurant open. The indoor decor is a work in progress. A lot of nice booths and some tables, but since they just opened we're hoping they'll improve. Service was unfailingly polite. I had La Bandera which is three enchiladas, chicken cheese and beef with three different sauces. The green sauce had fresh cilantro in it and chunks of onion - not from a jar..amazing flavor. The side of guacamole was amazing and I need to order a full the next time we go - usually the sides are bland. Also the Mole Ranchero was really great. Free chips and salsa - although the salsa was a little bland. Loved the queso dip. Our kids had cheese quesadillas and proclaimed them the best ever.

3  Thank MCKB A