“Nice find”

Dining options: Reservations
Oakville, Canada
“Nice find”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stopped here for lunch while on a road trip. After the requisite photo next to the Speculator sign, we entered to find a somewhat dark setting that could use some freshening up. Place was deserted, with two other tables taken. Service was efficient and courteous. Soup of day (smoked duck and bacon) was a very pleasant surprise, the chicken wings were a nice size serving and pretty good. Friend had a flat bread sandwich that was huge and very tasty. Prices are reasonable. It was a pleasant surprise in a place that did not look so inviting to start with.

• Visited May 2014

Lake Pleasant, New York
“Excellent food for a great price”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I go there 4-5 times a year. Food is consistently great and the price fits our budget. Service is friendly, and always great. We love this place!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Dnervik
West Babylon, New York
“Excellent family dining”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Such a pretty place, wonderful food and the staff were very nice! Our 3 kids all enjoyed there food, my fish was very good and my husbands pasta was yummy too.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lisa M
Speculator, New York
“One of our Favorite Places”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We go here all the time. The last several times I have ordered one of the specials. Last night I had haddock almandine. It was amazing. There were four of us and everyone of us was very pleased. They have their own line of salad dressings which are all good. You can purchase them there. Their soups are excellent and my father loves the bread pudding. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. There is a bar/pub area and a nice dining room with a fireplace, and a lake view. There is a deck for summer dining. For a little town we have great restaurants, and this certainly is one of the best.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Barb48664
“Awful service , rude place was empty at 4:48 pm waitress aske if I had a reservation. I said no she walked away and started to c”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Don't waste your time going .The waitress was extremely rude . I am a business owner and would never treat a paying customers that way .The establishment was empty and still could not get service . We walked out and went some place else.

4 Thank Nancy K