“Nice place to have lunch in the Adirondacks.”

The Inn at Speculator
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Speculator
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lake Pleasant, New York
“Nice place to have lunch in the Adirondacks.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Good food, nice view of Lake Pleasant. Waitresses were accommodating and welcoming. At lunch time you can sit out on the covered porch and enjoy the crisp Adirondack air.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Max72fli

danbury,ct
“in free fall - disappointed”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have visited Speculator for years and had counted on a good meal at the inn. For years a friendly good if not great place for a solid meal. Friends I often travel with to Speculator were there Saturday July 28 and were dealt with rudely and shunted off to the bar area since no time frame to occupy OPEN tables could be offered and a table would be set up in the bar area. No effort to extend the least courtesy. A ownership change has negatively impacted what had once been a hospitable spot. The place is not good enough to lose any trade and the mysterious decent into rudeness a sad comment on what was once a favorite.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank kevin g
Troy, New York
“As Horrible as I remember”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I use to work and live in Speculator and I have been to the Inn a few times and have never had a great meal there. It has been at least 7 years since I have been so I figured they had to get better right? Wrong!!! We were with friends just looking for a light meal of appetizers and a few drinks. I opted for the crab cakes and coconut shrimp. The shrimp was adequate but the home-made sweet and sour sauce was questionable. So out came the crab cakes. As soon as she set them down my nose hairs went on red alert. My taste buds confirmed the sour smell of seafood gone bad. It took the waitress over 10 minutes to check back on us about our meals for me to tell her the problem because she was more interested in her meal she was having in the kitchen as spied on by one of our guest who went to the restroom. I replaced my crab cakes with wings which were very good but my appetite had been killed for the evening. .My GF ordered a Steak Salad medium rare and it came to the table very dry and over done as if it was sitting underneath a heat lamp all night. She ate most of it and saved it for her teenage son who didn't touch it. The waitress brought me a beer to smooth things over but took her another 10 minutes to bring it to the table because, undoubtedly she was finishing her dinner. We left a 15% tip anyway and vowed to never return. Horrible!!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank ChefMarkAnthony
Loudonville, New York
“Good food, good ambiance,”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

A group of us went to the Inn for dinner on a Tuesday night. We figured that reservations would not be necessary - we were wrong. We ended up getting the last parking spot in the parking lot and upon entering we were told that we would have to wait. After about 20 minutes we were seated. The service was friendly and the food was excellent. They had a special that night with scallops and shrimp, and it was very good. Overall the experience was good, and worth the wait.

For lunches, try the roast beef special - hot roast beef with melted mozzarella cheese on a decent roll. Don't forget the horseradish sauce!

• Visited July 2011
5 Thank Adirondack007
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good food, decent service, but nothing special”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

First off I have to let you know that The Inn has been for sale for quite some time. It is obvious from my several dining experiences here that the current owners have no interest in putting any extra effort into their business, and the place is definitely starting to age.

The food is decent, but a little pricey. You do get a pretty good value for your dollar with decently sized portions. The "specials" tend to get sold out rather quickly or are never actually made. I've eaten here right after they open for dinner, and the first thing they tell you is what they don't have. Don't expect fast service as it seems they only have two waitresses and a bartender.

The food isn't top notch, but it is good, and the servers seem pleasant. I recommend their homemade salad dressings, wings, and bacon bleu cheese burger.

2 Thank sithlordxvi