“Awesome!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

W
e went to the Elbow tonight for my Husbands Birthday dinner.
It was on recommendation of several people and we were Not sorry.
My husband and I both agreed it was the best steak we had ever eaten.
We had a very nice and very attentive waitress.Everything about the experience was Wonderful!!

1  Thank OBX4US2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been to the Elbow several times this past summer. This is one of the few restaurants on the north shore where the food is exceptional, and the price is moderate (and fair).
The portions are considerable, and the steaks are wonderful. I could not even finish the porterhouse, and I love my steak. The waitresses go out of their way to make certain that the steaks are cooked correctly. While the ambiance may not be up to par, they make up for it in giving quality food and service.
I have been to too many restaurants in the North shore where the portions and quality of the food is a joke. And saddle that with exhorbitant prices.......
I noticed that the Elbow was quite busy this past summer, more than in the past years. People are finally catching on.

2  Thank Fred R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place looks terrible inside. I can't even describe it. Just believe me when i tell you the ambiance is bizzare. OK - once you get over that, the steaks are KILLER. Marinated T-Bone with charred crust is a treat. And the Blue Cheese dressing on the salad is magnificent. Stuff your face, then walk it off on the beach - just don't go there looking for a charming, nautical seaside hideaway. there's limited charm at Elbow East. The attraction is the food and the very friendly service. I'll definitely go back.

2  Thank FishermanMike
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I like my steak and Cliffs went out of there way to make sure we all had fantastic meals. A great choice if you are out on the north fork of long island. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is one of several Elbow restaurants on the North Fork of the East End of Long Island, where restaurants tend to be pricey. The menu selection was interesting enough with a variety of selections of sea food and fish, roasts, steaks and burgers. It took a bit of time to get seated without reservations even though every table was not taken, at about 7:30 p.m. on the Sunday end of the July 4 w/e. The service was pleasant and reasonably attentive, although a little slow in getting water and bread to us. Basically, I would say this is a straightforward restaurant. I would call it good, rather than very good, but I didn't want to rate it as average, so I don't think TripAdvisor provides sufficient options here. It is not going to compete with some of the excellent culinary options in the North Fork, but it will come in more towards half or less of the cost. It also is fairly casual and not far from Kenney's Beach, so I would call it a comfortable restaurant for a family that doesn't need to go top of the line, and wants a basic, tasty and plentiful meal that's better than a diner. I've been before and I'd definitely go back.