“Exquisite meal and experience”
Review of North Fork Table

North Fork Table
Reserve with OpenTable
North Fork Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Southold
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Town Harbor Lane
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the best meal by far that I have ever had on Long Island and was the equal to my favorite restaurants in Boston. The food was creative, perfectly prepared, and exquisitely presented. The extra touches, like a cantaloup soup aperitif and a coconut tapioca and sorbet dessert teaser, made an outstanding meal almost perfect. I strongly recommend the lamb entree and my dinner companions recommend the beet salad appetizer and shark entree. All terrific. Finally, the restaurant was also the most expensive that I've paid in a while, but had a distinctly casual atmosphere that was in keeping with the country inn feel of the building, but I would have preferred it if some of the other customers had dressed more appropriately.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Food and restaurant was awesome. Different choices and good service. Didn't like being near the service table but otherwise a great restaurant choice.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've dined here on several occasions, always enjoyed both the experience and amazing food. Last night, July 5th the restaurant was packed as you would expect on a beautiful holiday weekend. We both choose the 5 course dinner with wine pairing. Each course was outstanding, true culinary delights. Our charming waiter was stretched beyond his limits. He really would have benefitted from an additional assistant...or two. During two of our courses, we had to wait for our wine...diminishing our enjoyment of the wonderful risotto. Our request for additional bread was filled...two courses later. These were minor blips, perhaps to be expected in a full house on a holiday. Next time we'll avoid the crush.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our server, Alice, was engaging, and attentive without being obtrusive. She was obviously passionate about the food and wine served at the restaurant and dispensed spot-on advice on both . That leads me to the next thing--you can purchase half glasses of wines, so Alice helped me choose different wines (one white, one red) to go with the appetizer and the main entree. I've never seen that, and think it's brilliant. Everything was delicious from the appetizer to the dessert, and much of it was locally sourced. The atmosphere was elegant, but not stuffy, and the front of the room staff were all warm and welcoming. If you're out on the North Fork and love food, dine at this restaurant!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Outstanding dinner. We had the 5 course chefs tasting menu and my husband had the wine pairing with it. The wait staff were highly professional and accommodating with my food allergies. The food was perfect- one dish better than the next. Would definitely go again!