“The perfect getaway”

Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 9 Southold B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Anyone who needs the perfect weekend getaway...I urge you to got to Shorecrest!
The rooms are cozy, luxurious with the perfect amount of beachy air. The owner, Marilyn, is lovely and serves a delicious breakfast.
I want this place to be my home away from home.
I have always been a Montauk person, but I am officially a Northshore covert :)

It's near so many wineries, the close by towns are great with awesome shops and restaurants.
I really feel like I stumbled upon a gem.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Marilyn M, Owner at Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

There's just nothing like fresh, beachy air, is there, Heather? So happy you could indulge in it for a bit when you stayed with us! You can absolutely make us your home away from home -- it would be our pleasure to have you around more often. See you next time!

Cheers,
Marilyn, Innkeeper

There are newer reviews for Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We spent two nights at the Shorecrest in October 2013. It's difficult to add to the reviews of recent visitors - we found the experience delightful, and particularly enjoyed our conversations with Marilyn, the owner, who is a wonderful, gracious host and whose advice about wine tasting and places for dinner - like Noah's - was extremely helpful. The breakfasts were delicious and the afternoon treats were a lovely surprise when we returned from our day's adventures. We highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: A couple of the rooms have extremely small bathrooms which might be uncomfortable for some guests...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marilyn M, Owner at Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay on all levels! When you have a day of adventure waiting ahead, a good breakfast is a must, so it's absolutely our pleasure to provide just that. I can't wait to pass along your kind words to the rest of my team! We'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in our little corner of the world!

Marilyn, Innkeeper

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife & I spent two nights, in late Sept., for our 35th wedding anniversary. We have stayed in quite a few B&Bs & our experience here was the most memorable!
First of all, the location & surroundings can’t be beat. I was looking for a place on (near) the water and this exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the West Room w/water views across the street. After a full-day of activities, we took the path to the private beach & enjoyed a glass of wine; while watching picture-perfect sunsets.
Marilyn, the owner, is the ultimate hostess. We felt welcome from the moment we arrived, as she gave us a tour of her home along with guest information. Her love of interior design can be seen with attention to detail in all rooms of the house, each decorated with unique period furnishings.
Having breakfast in the formal dining room, set on elegant china with fresh flowers & candelabras, made us feel like royalty. Homemade, delicious entrees included French toast, eggs & bacon and fresh fruit w/yogurt & granola. Note: Coffee & muffins or breads are available an hour before breakfast. Also, during the afternoon & evening you’ll find tea & sweet “treats” too.
This was our first trip to North Fork & the location was perfect for visiting wineries, shops and only a 10-minute drive to several fine restaurants in Greenport.
I knew the Shorecrest was the ideal getaway, when after one-night my wife said, “I want to come back - same time next year!”

Room Tip: East & West rooms are in the front of the house, which provide water views with little or no tra...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachruler
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My fiancée and I just stayed there this past week. It was a Wednesday to Saturday trip. Marilyn, the owner was an absolute delight. We enjoyed our conversations with her.
The location is fabulous. Shorecrest is literally across the street from the beach. We enjoyed this perk very much. The wineries are all between 5 and 10 minutes away. Shopping and restaurants are all within 10 minutes. We strongly recommend checking out Lavender by the Bay, another nice attraction nearby.
The breakfast was unbelievable. Everything was very fresh. We really enjoyed the goat quiche and banana, nutella stuffed pancakes. Marilyn always had fresh baked cookies and tea served, in a nicely decorated area of the entrance room. Her fresh mint ice tea was a winner.
The entire house is a gorgeous mansion. Every detail makes it stunning. We stayed in the Rose room, which has a nice sized Jacuzzi .The room was beautiful and always spotless. The bed was so comfortable; we enjoyed afternoon naps with the nice breeze that entered the room through the windows. Out favorite room by far was the screened in outdoor room. It was very relaxing.
Lastly, Shorecrest is an extremely trust worthy place to stay at. I misplaced my Michael Kors watch. I realized this when I had left the B and B. I called Marilyn to notify her. She and her staff went crazy looking for it. I ended up finding it a day after in one of my bags. Marilyn was extremely helpful and always in contact. It's something we greatly appreciated.

Johnny & Jessica

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated. We are very picky and the entire Inn is very clean. You have access to the beach across the street which was great. Great location for all of the attractions in the area, but if you need a break in between the wineries, shopping, the beach, etc. you can relax in one of the three rooms downstairs where there is a wealth of books on many different subjects and many games also. We spent a couple of hours everyday relaxing in these rooms. The owner Marilyn makes an unbelievable breakfast and sets a beautiful table, there was also refreshments and cookies in mid-afternoon. Marilyn is a wonderful host and we loved talking with her. Highly recommended this B&B!!! Marge C. - Long Island, NY

Room Tip: All rooms are really, really nice!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a great time I had at this charming bed and breakfast! The owner, Marilyn was gracious and just a wealth of knowledge. She was able to direct us to wineries, restaurants and local activities. Her home is so welcoming and well appointed. My room was cozy and inviting and just a perfect place to kick back and relax. The breakfast was "to die for.". It was a gourmet's delight. It was presented so beautifully and Marilyn took the time to sit with us and find out our thoughts on our experience

I will certainly be back because everyone needs to be pampered and a visit to Shorecrest is a treatt that everyone should experience

Room Tip: I checked out all the rooms and they were all beautifully decorated. If you don't wish to climb...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Shorecrest B&B. It was a step back in time. The Inn is run by a wounderful English women named Marilyn, with a backgroung in textile and interior design, the Inn reflects her grand taste. The Breakfast was home cooking at it's best, complete with fine formal table linens that you just do not get any more. A stay at the beach on a hot day is topped off with home made Ice Tea and delicious, freshly made Raspberry cookies. Worth the stay if you enjoy the finner things in life.

Room Tip: Each room is different as all Inns are. But they are ALL decorated in perfect style, complet with ve...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
Sound View Greenport
Orient Inn
Orient Inn
#1 of 1 in Orient
Wickham-Prince Bed & Breakfast

Been to Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!