“"Stay At This B&B You Will Love It"”

Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Southold B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated. We are very picky and the entire Inn is very clean. You have access to the beach across the street which was great. Great location for all of the attractions in the area, but if you need a break in between the wineries, shopping, the beach, etc. you can relax in one of the three rooms downstairs where there is a wealth of books on many different subjects and many games also. We spent a couple of hours everyday relaxing in these rooms. The owner Marilyn makes an unbelievable breakfast and sets a beautiful table, there was also refreshments and cookies in mid-afternoon. Marilyn is a wonderful host and we loved talking with her. Highly recommended this B&B!!! Marge C. - Long Island, NY

Room Tip: All rooms are really, really nice!!!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a great time I had at this charming bed and breakfast! The owner, Marilyn was gracious and just a wealth of knowledge. She was able to direct us to wineries, restaurants and local activities. Her home is so welcoming and well appointed. My room was cozy and inviting and just a perfect place to kick back and relax. The breakfast was "to die for.". It was a gourmet's delight. It was presented so beautifully and Marilyn took the time to sit with us and find out our thoughts on our experience

I will certainly be back because everyone needs to be pampered and a visit to Shorecrest is a treatt that everyone should experience

Room Tip: I checked out all the rooms and they were all beautifully decorated. If you don't wish to climb...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Shorecrest B&B. It was a step back in time. The Inn is run by a wounderful English women named Marilyn, with a backgroung in textile and interior design, the Inn reflects her grand taste. The Breakfast was home cooking at it's best, complete with fine formal table linens that you just do not get any more. A stay at the beach on a hot day is topped off with home made Ice Tea and delicious, freshly made Raspberry cookies. Worth the stay if you enjoy the finner things in life.

Room Tip: Each room is different as all Inns are. But they are ALL decorated in perfect style, complet with ve...
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here for the past two years on our anniversary. The house is beautiful, the grounds are magnificent, the rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, and the location is convenient to all of the area's attractions. Furthermore, the innkeeper, Marilyn, is kind, attentive, and a wonderful host. She even went as far as to mail an item of clothing I left in the room. I am extremely picky about where I stay, and I can honestly say that I am very pleased with both of my stays here. There is a reason that this B & B is rated # 1 in the area and that is because it is "absolutely wonderful".

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the house have a beautiful view of the sound.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed every aspect of our stay here. This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it was phenomenal. The rose room was even more beautiful in person, the decor was fantastic and intricately done. The entire inn was extremely clean ( we are very picky with this). Great jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that was huge, Bed really comfortable, inn was totally quiet, Breakfast was wonderful. We even stayed up and played a fun game with another couple in the main living room area which was fun! The innkeeper was hospitable, friendly, funny, and someone we thoroughly enjoyed chatting with! You will absolutely love your stay here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southolder, Owner at Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I enjoyed meeting you too! And was especially glad to see you and another couple of guests, complete strangers when the weekend began, enjoying a spirited game of Mexican Dominoes in my living room and laughing fit to burst. Just what a great BnB experience should be! Thanks so much for coming and helping to make a stay at the Shorecrest memorable one for all concerned!
Watch out for weekend games tournaments this winter!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Attended a wedding with my wife on North Fork of Long Island. Chose Shorecrest from Website and reasonable pricing. Although room was smaller than website pictures showed, it was nice. Bathroom was small, but having a jacuzzi tub was a nice touch. Close to wineries and downtown Greenport. Across the road is Long Island Sound with a private walkway to the beach area. Wonderful breakfast served, but would have loved to have had access to a cup of coffee upon waking up. There is no air conditioning in the room, but hopefully the breeze off the Sound makes up for it. TV is located in sitting room. Bed was superb.

Room Tip: Rose room has the jacuzzi tub in it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing a review for my BnB. I always appreciate guests taking the time and effort to do so, and I remember you telling me how well you slept and how much you loved the bed. But there IS central air conditioning in the house and all the rooms. There are separate zones for the first and second floors but not for individual rooms, although they all have fans to help keep the air circulating if required. If you had mentioned that you needed the temperature adjusted I would have been happy to oblige. The Rose room, the one you stayed in with a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, adjoins the library and is sometimes rented as a suite (by opening up a secret pocket door between rooms), so only has one TV which is in in the library. The other four guest rooms, with en suite bathrooms with showers, have TVs though so the Rose room guests usually have the library all to themselves. I try to have coffee out around 8am, before breakfast is served at 9; but if I get a request – early golf T time or check out – I can set the Keurig out the night before so guests can make their own. I hope to welcome you back to Shorecrest again in the near future, and I will be sure to have the Keurig at your disposal!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recently had the pleasure of staying at this great B&B. Conveniently located close to Greenport restaurants and dozens of wineries. Breakfast and accommodations top notch and the owner more than gracious, as well as a great chef. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: each room has it's own en suite br
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I love it when my guests enjoy the food! Thanks so much for the review and for your kind remarks. I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Marilyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
#1 of 10 in Greenport
Orient Inn
Orient Inn
#1 of 1 in Orient

Been to Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!