“You should stay here!!!”

Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Southold B&B and Inns
ny
“You should stay here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed every aspect of our stay here. This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it was phenomenal. The rose room was even more beautiful in person, the decor was fantastic and intricately done. The entire inn was extremely clean ( we are very picky with this). Great jacuzzi tub in the bathroom that was huge, Bed really comfortable, inn was totally quiet, Breakfast was wonderful. We even stayed up and played a fun game with another couple in the main living room area which was fun! The innkeeper was hospitable, friendly, funny, and someone we thoroughly enjoyed chatting with! You will absolutely love your stay here!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southolder, Owner at Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I enjoyed meeting you too! And was especially glad to see you and another couple of guests, complete strangers when the weekend began, enjoying a spirited game of Mexican Dominoes in my living room and laughing fit to burst. Just what a great BnB experience should be! Thanks so much for coming and helping to make a stay at the Shorecrest memorable one for all concerned!
Watch out for weekend games tournaments this winter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
hebron
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Attended a wedding with my wife on North Fork of Long Island. Chose Shorecrest from Website and reasonable pricing. Although room was smaller than website pictures showed, it was nice. Bathroom was small, but having a jacuzzi tub was a nice touch. Close to wineries and downtown Greenport. Across the road is Long Island Sound with a private walkway to the beach area. Wonderful breakfast served, but would have loved to have had access to a cup of coffee upon waking up. There is no air conditioning in the room, but hopefully the breeze off the Sound makes up for it. TV is located in sitting room. Bed was superb.

Room Tip: Rose room has the jacuzzi tub in it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for writing a review for my BnB. I always appreciate guests taking the time and effort to do so, and I remember you telling me how well you slept and how much you loved the bed. But there IS central air conditioning in the house and all the rooms. There are separate zones for the first and second floors but not for individual rooms, although they all have fans to help keep the air circulating if required. If you had mentioned that you needed the temperature adjusted I would have been happy to oblige. The Rose room, the one you stayed in with a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, adjoins the library and is sometimes rented as a suite (by opening up a secret pocket door between rooms), so only has one TV which is in in the library. The other four guest rooms, with en suite bathrooms with showers, have TVs though so the Rose room guests usually have the library all to themselves. I try to have coffee out around 8am, before breakfast is served at 9; but if I get a request – early golf T time or check out – I can set the Keurig out the night before so guests can make their own. I hope to welcome you back to Shorecrest again in the near future, and I will be sure to have the Keurig at your disposal!
Stony Brook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recently had the pleasure of staying at this great B&B. Conveniently located close to Greenport restaurants and dozens of wineries. Breakfast and accommodations top notch and the owner more than gracious, as well as a great chef. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: each room has it's own en suite br
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I love it when my guests enjoy the food! Thanks so much for the review and for your kind remarks. I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Marilyn
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for two nights just this month. We had the East Room which was just lovely. The bathroom (as in most B&Bs) was small but everything was very neat and clean. Our room faced the main road but we weren't bothered by any noise although I always travel with a small fan to block out any sounds as I am a light sleeper. The breakfasts are so good and...opening the doors to the dining room in the morning was like opening a jewel box - Marilyn uses all her beautiful china (a different set each morning!!), stemware and serving dishes. It was a real treat! We ate at Noah's (excellent) and The Frisky Oyster (also very good). Had a beautiful sunset on Saturday night after some storms rolled through which we could watch from the beach just down the road. It is a perfect place to stay if you want to visit the North Fork of Long Island.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I loved what you said about the dining room reminding you of a jewelry box when I opened up the doors in the morning for breakfast. I so enjoy sharing my collection of old but beautiful things with appreciative guests like you. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others by writing this review. I look forward to welcoming you to Shorecrest again in the near future.
Marilyn
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We took advantage of the Livingscocials.com deal and spent two weekends nights at March.

- Great location. The property is very close to the beach and almost all attractions (vineyard, winery, farmhouse, restaurants etc)
- Great host. Marilyn is warm, accommodating, and has a great knowledge of the North Fork area of Long Island.
- Great breakfast. Marilyn the host prepares the breakfast for you based on her own recipe. The French toast has been amazing.
- Great experience. Within two hour drive from Manhattan, Southold is simply a great place for the city dwellers to relax themselves for a weekend...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ming C
Lynbrook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a January weekend here, taking advantage of a winter special discount to plan our first b&b experience. The house is nestled in between two bodies of water, is a 10 minute drive from Greenport and is exceptionally clean. Our qualms about staying in someone's house vanished immediately, and Marilyn made sure that all our needs were attended to.

We had a wonderfully arranged champagne picnic (with Pindar vintage) waiting for us when we arrived, which we shared with another couple we met in the library. After a fantastic breakfast the next morning, we had a couples massage before exploring the area with discount coupons and recommendations provided by Marilyn. Shorecrest is so welcoming that my boyfriend and I, and the other guests, felt perfectly comfortable sharing a bottle of North Fork wine in front of the fire place as if the home were our own.

I definitely recommend Shorecrest for anyone anxious to explore the Southold/Greenport area, and would love to get Marilyn's strata recipe!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie H
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great breakfast and host. My girlfriend and I stayed for two nights in the winter. We had the champagne picnic and a couples massage. It was my first time with a bed and breakfast and it was fun and relaxing. Marilyn was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. We also hung out with a very nice couple during our stay. I highly recommend staying there. They have great packages, ours were the Winter Special package.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
The Blue Inn At North Fork
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Shelter Island House
Shelter Island House
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island

Been to Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!