My girlfriend and I were looking for a relaxing weekend in the North Fork area and the Shorecrest delivered. From the moment we got there on Friday evening, Marilyn, the innkeeper, warmly welcomed. She helped us with dinner reservations that night and gave suggestions on what to do and where to go. We were traveling with "Brooklyn," our green cheeked conure (small parrot) and Marilyn was graciously accommodating in allowing us to bring her.
What stood out to me though was the breakfast Marilyn prepared and how it was laid out. There was one dining table for ten, where everyone took spots and helped themselves to what was made (Marilyn even prepared vegan dishes, knowing that my girlfriend is vegan). Making it easier to talk to the other guests, only added to the warm feeling of the Shorecrest.
The inn itself is beautiful, with a meticulously maintained garden, well appointed common areas (living room, library and sun room) and a cozy room upstairs with a great view of the Long Island Sound. The inn had plenty of magazines and books to borrow, as well as afternoon ice tea and snacks. By the door there's a candy dish that seems to never go empty.
And on Sunday, as we were about to head out, Marilyn even gave Brooklyn some fruit for the road.
In all, we had a great stay, and would definitely book again. Hopefully for a longer time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast is unparalleled in providing the most comfortable and gorgeous surroundings for your Long Island experience. From our unique location overlooking the Long Island Sound and an inlet of Shelter Bay we have the finest views in the North Fork area. Our delightful rooms each have their own character. Amenities include wifi, flat screen TVs, premium cable, fireplaces, and private bathrooms. Each morning you are welcomed in the living room with coffee, tea, and a variety of breads. Our renowned full breakfast includes popular items like our baked apple french toast. Afterwards, lounge on a hammock surrounded by our gorgeous gardens. If you're traveling with a family, group, or desire a secluded couples' retreat, consider renting one of our beach houses! Recently renovated, all come fully furnished and have beach access. Guests partake in water sports, shopping, and winery tours in the area. Give us a call to reserve your unforgettable Long Island experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shorecrest Bed And Breakfast And Beach House Hotel Southold
- Shorecrest b&b And Beach House
- Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast Southold, North Fork, NY