“Wonderful restaurant for a special meal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southold
The North Fork Table & Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Southold
Long Island, NY
“Wonderful restaurant for a special meal”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently went back to North Fork Table and Inn to celebrate a special event. I was as pleased as the other times I have been. This is not an inexpensive experience but it is an experience. The food was really great, the service impeccable and they treated our guest of honor as their own guest of honor which I really appreciated. This is an excellent choice of restaurants if you have a special occasion to celebrate. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank izzyq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'll agree with prior posts about the quality of the restaurant, but the hotel left much to be desired, especially for $275/night. The hotel is really a bunch of spare rooms for rent on top of the restaurant, and while the owners are friendly, they haven't figured out how to operate a hotel. It's difficult to get in touch with the manager for basic requests since they work a restaurant schedule; during the day, only kitchen staff (primarily non-English speaking) are around, while at night, the managers are busy with the restaurant and ignore you. The furniture and linens are high-quality but the rooms themselves are somewhat like a Motel 6, which cheap carpeting and a dingy feel.

The restaurant experience is entirely different and I'd highly recommend trying to make a reservation there if you're visiting the North Fork. The interior decor is Martha Stewart-style and the cuisine is classic upscale American, using local seasonal ingredients. Although the Zagat score of 29 may be a stretch -- Thomas Keller's French Laundry in California gets the same score -- we had a wonderful meal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sfmwh
Huntington, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend here and found it to be a lovely experience. The most notable quality being the the absolute dedication to gracious service. Every staff person we dealt with was well-trained, enthusiastic, and supremely gracious in their service. They really seem to delight in providing a memorable experience.

The entire place is kept impeccably clean. Breakfast was fabulous, and they clearly over-deliver on the promise of a "light continental" meal. Do not miss a meal or snack at the food truck out back. It's so good and so much fun!

I hate to introduce a sour note, but if you are considering this place you should know that the room itself is uninspiring. It's perfectly clean and adequately appointed, but if you are expecting even something on the order of a high end chain type of room, you will be disappointed. My husband and I were quite comfortable, and would most definitely go again. We stayed in room 3.

I cannot comment on the restaurant beyond breakfast because we had other commitments for the weekend, but the cocktail menu I passed every day made me regret that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gail G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with an infant in rooms 3 & 4 at NFTI on Memorial day weekend. The personal care and service we received were unparalleled. Breakfast is the reason we woke up daily! Delish! Dinner Saturday night was fabulous, that we decided to repeat on Sunday night as well. NFTI is a culinary destination and deserve all the praise. Your Staff is your greatest asset! We will definitely return. Thank you to Mike, Mary, Claudia, Gerry, Reagan, Ashley, Alice....all all others for your impeccable service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank delish854
Long Island, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the North Fork Table & Inn last week. The room (#1) was immaculate and very comfortable. It's upstairs from one of the best places to eat on Long Island which makes it a double bonus.
Breakfast is served in a well lit space where every guest has the daily newspaper and lots of freshly made items to select from. Loved the quiche and home made granola.
We will definitely be back again and again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank nycstripes
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Have had the pleasure of eating here every seasonal trip to the North Fork. You would be hard pressed to find a better restaurant within 100 miles and traveling west to NYC. On my most recent trip I really enjoyed enjoyed the foie gras with hamachi and the lamb ... two excellent Spring dishes. The desserts are well thought out and you can see they value their pastry program!

Recently had the chance to stay in the Inn ... rooms were simply done, clean and a welcome few steps away when enjoying a few glasses of wine with dinner. The breakfast included was well presented and the fritatta was great!

Thanks Again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RFP418
Garden City, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I had a great get-away weekend here. We needed a quiet, special place to unwind and this was the perfect choice. The meal was terrific, one of the best we've ever had. We had the five course tasting menu with wine pairing and could not have imagined a better way to try the great cuisine. Being able to walk upstairs after our beautiful dinner made the night so easy. The staff is pleasant and very accommodating. Breakfast in the morning was terrific and a perfect way to end our stay. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Sound View Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 7 in Greenport
Hyatt Place Long Island East End

Been to The North Fork Table & Inn? Share your experiences!