“Excellent in every way”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southold
The North Fork Table & Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Southold
Sayville, New York
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I choose the North Forth Table & Inn for our first getaway in a long time. Our room was very pleasant and we loved the fact that we could walk downstairs to an AMAZING meal from beginning to end. The service was wonderful, very accomodating. In the morning we were greated with a beautiful breakfast by the fireplace that was a perfect ending to our wonderful night. We didn't want to leave! We will be back again next year, if not sooner!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Westbury, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This restaurant is a great place to bring a date or enjoy a romantic dinner. It's especially great for foodies because the menu is amazing! We didn't sleep here but just ate. Service was fantastic and the wine selection were also impressive.

Room Tip: Order the pork belly dish..amazing as well as the roasted beet salad if it's in season
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I did our traditional Valentines weekend away at the North Fork Table and Inn. This time we brought our 7 month old son. The dinner was amazing, the room was very accommodating for the 3 of us and the breakfast the following morning was great. The hospitality and warmth at the Inn is awesome and we look forward to coming back again next February.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KPandJC
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a lovely time at the North Fork Table & Inn. Our room was cozy and comfortable. The three-course dinner was fantastic. The tuna tartare starter was amazing! An excellent wine list with several LI wines (no surprise) as well as many wines from around the world. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindafromNYC
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I are huge foodies, and the Northfork Table and Inn is one of the best restaurants we've ever visited. The appetizers we had, especially the fluke crudo with grapefruit, were easily two of the best appetizer we've ever had. Our entrees, too, were delicious and the portions were uncharacteristically sizable for such a high-end restaurant (especially when compared to similarly priced restaurants in NYC). Finally, we hear a lot about the desserts and they did live up to their reputation (I ordered the sorbet sampler, which I wouldn't normally do, and they were all delicious and unique, i.e. passion fruit, coconut, green apple, and grapefruit). We will definitely return to this restaurant on our next visit to Northfork.

Room Tip: The three-course tasting menu is more than sufficient.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zach N
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked a night here at the inn and had dinner on October 8th, our 3 year anniversary together. I was looking for a place away from the city and decided to come here based on reviews. Let me just say dinner was absolutely awesome! Great food and great service! Two of our friends also joined us and they were quite impressed as well. The dessert was right on and left us dreaming for more the next few days and still as I write this review. Right after dinner we stepped outside and of course that's when I popped the question, and she said yes. Next morning we woke up to some amazing scones and Quiche! ; ) Thank you North Fork you will remain forever in our hearts!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mishu H
Maine
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is my third time dining in 4 years as I live no where near LI. I was so looking forward to this meal and in fact planned my trip around it. The martini was very nice and the tiny toast bites they give once you have ordered were yummy. I had the Thai soup for appetizer and it was delicious but no where did it say coconut or coconut milk on the menu. This was the highlight of the meal (not counting dessert...read on). I had the sea bass as recommended by the server. It was spiced with too much salt. An amature spice if you ask me for this restaurant. The eggplant and tomato "three ways" was not good. I could have made everyone at home and none thrilled me. At a restaurant like this I want to taste every flavor and this entree really fell down. On the other hand the desserts were amazing. Tapioca with passion fruit sorbet and coconut and also the chocolate dessert. Each were amazing in their own way. Maybe the sous and pastry chefs should get together and oust the chef. I am now over the North Fork Table and Inn, too bad you can't go for ala carte dessert.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mainehappy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Sound View Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 7 in Greenport
Hyatt Place Long Island East End

Been to The North Fork Table & Inn? Share your experiences!