“Very Nice”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Perfect location. Unpretentious hotel. Breakfast a bit costly but food was good and so was service. Great bed. Friendly staff. Very clean and neat. Everything well maintained. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Long Island City, New York, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I recently got married at this exquisite Inn on September 15th. The staff there was so warm and caring, in other words, I asked for it and I got more than I ever imagined. I had a small wedding which was breathe taking from the ceremony to the reception. My stay there was welcoming and very relaxing. The room was was perfect. If I was to to this over again I would no other place but tne Southampton Inn. From the Daley Family we thank you a million.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PatrenaJohnsonDaley
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went to the Southampton in July... $400 per nite, but everything else is expensive too.
Everything I wanted .... Location ... Location Location.... Right in town, close to beaches and train station.

Rooms were clean and well decorated. Friendly staff... Good restaurant..

You can't do better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JimmyFine
South Beach, Fla
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The town was beautiful and the property advertised itself as luxury stay, but the stay was anything but. The service from some of the staff was just not very professional. One of the female staff at the front desk Destiny lost our reservation it took over an hour to fix . To be fair, some of the staff were nice, but overall, training seemed to be lacking and the service quality was sub par. The rooms were semi-clean...... but smelled like farts. The bathroom was very small ......Pookie complained the whole time we stayed. The A/C was loud, and the wireless Internet did not work. Overall, not a pleasant stay at all. The place was loaded with obnoxious "NYJs" WOW what a pain. OMG!!! There are brown stains on the ceiling tiles throughout the restaurant that seem to coincide with the toilets above needless to say we did not stay to eat or drink. Our eggs were burnt and dirty YUCK if the dining room is this dirty and unkempt can you imagine what the kitchen looks like YUCK!! This place would be O K for $ 50 a night in the Pocono mountains ......but $ 600 a night is robbery. There must be a better place xoxo Kasha

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank KashaTornetta

Travelers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Muttontown, New York, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spend 4 days at the Southhampton Inn for the Hampton classic horse show. It is a glorified over priced motel with poor service and no amenities. there is no fitness center and they dont even serve their guests coffee all this for $400 a night and $500 on the weekend. My biggest complaint is their invasion of privacy. My wife and I don't like people in or room when we are not there. we informed management of this and every time we left the room we placed a do bot disturb sign on the door. twice during our 4 day stay they entered our room moved and went through our things. They had no explanation and no reason for not respecting our wishes.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Vincent A
Pelham, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location is the name of the game at this southampton hotel.You are right in the middle of the town here; beaches,restaurants,movies and shopping are within walking distance.The hotel itself is adequate at best it could be cleaner and the staff at the front desk could be nicer.Rates are high in season but we stayed in the winter for the night and had a nice time rates were significantly lower we still enjoyed ourselves walking to everything in town.The pool is a nice edition and very clean. We had breakfast in the hotels restaurant which was a mistake it took so long and simply was not good. Overall it still the best hotel in southampton to stay we will continue to return

Room Tip: choose a top floor room facing the pool its quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mombongo
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Southampton Inn is basically a nicely landscaped Holiday Inn. You would think for what they are charging for rooms you would have a better experience, unfortunately the bad out weighs the good.

I would say 1 out of 10 staff members I had dealings with were pleasant. The rest are rude, inept, and socially awkward. It makes one wonder what they are being paid which should be well based on the room rates. I witnessed one young man behind the desk snicker and comment about a guest they had just assisted. If you are carrying your bags and a staff member sees you, especially a young man, they turn and run the other way. Thanks for your help. One last comment on the staff. I overheard an altercation between the apparent owner and several guests. She was down right rude and maintained a condescending attitude through out the conversation. Perhaps she should remember without guests you have no business.

The rooms - they are loud! The slamming doors, the creaky stairs and the thin walls make for a not so nice sleep. Speaking of which if you are one who likes to get up at 7:00 am this place is for you as that is when they begin preparing the grounds for the day. Chairs, moving, tables being cleaned followed by the leaf blower. Try and block out that noise by using the ac/heater, no such luck the unit is louder then hell and switches on and off constantly. That is while the sun and outside lights will be blazing into your room as there are NO curtains, just an old wooden blind.

They offer free wireless internet in your room. They lie. It doesn't work in any spot but the lobby. When I called down to see what the situation was as I couldn't connect to get work done. I was told in no uncertain terms that, "Well, it works just fine in the lobby and you should come down here." I didn't book a hotel room to sit in the lobby and do my work. One reason I chose the Inn was because of the free in room wireless. After speaking with other guests they too were very frustrated over the out dated internet access.

There is a restaurant on site. Skip it unless you prefer dish water coffee, cold toast and slop oatmeal. You have to ask for milk, butter and water. The wait staff also seems to have a fear of the cook. I felt sorry for them as they were very nice college kids. Also, I don't think eating with the odor of mildew present is appetizing.

Basically, save your money and stay at a nice place either in East Hampton or Amagansett. If however you must stay in Southampton you would get the same level of comfort, better hospitality and a reasonable rate at the Southampton Hotel or a Bed and Breakfast where you can get a mug of coffee for less then the $3.00 charge at the Southampton Inn.

There was art scattered about in the conference areas - rooms and the hallway. When I inquired about it, particularly some lovely photographs I was met with blank stares, no one seemed to know if I could purchase or what the story was. Sad for the artist.

So I have to advise that Southampton Inn is NOT living up to the quality standards expected for a beautiful town such as Southampton,the rates charged or the glorification of the property as stated on the website.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank H R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
Topping Rose House
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!