My wife and I spent 8 nights in Manhattan in a horrible hotel (which we paid through the nose for) before driving out to Southampton for 5 nights to finish our trip. We were delighted with this Inn/B&B on arrival. The reception area was large and well decorated, and the staff were very friendly.
We paid close to $450/night in Manhattan, so the rates here were a real breath of fresh air... and we got so much more for our money!
The room was large, comfortable and we instantly felt at home. The true test of a hotel room, for me, is if I unpack my suitcase. In the Southampton Inn, I unpacked my suitcase.
The flatscreen TV was large with a great selection of channels, the air con unit was efficient and very quiet, and the bathroom was well sized with fantastic water pressure in the shower.
We ate breakfast downstairs each morning and it normally worked out to be approx. $35 for both of us. These breakfasts kept us going until the evening (with a small snack at lunch) so they were good value for money... and very tasty.
We were using Southampton as a base for exploring the whole of Long Island (over 700 miles in 4 days), so I can't comment much on the town itself. We did, however, eat out twice there and both experiences were great. There are maps of the town and restaurant guides available from reception... a nice touch.
The hotel had a lovely garden and pool, although it was so cold we didn't use either. I'm sure they're perfect in the summer though.
All in, we had a fantastic experience here and I would highly recommend it to any of my friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Southampton Inn is a gracious 90 room hotel in the heart of Southampton Village. Set on 5 luciously landscaped acres and expansive lawns, we are only steps from some of the best shopping and restaurants in the Hamptons. During the summer season, we are proud to provide shuttle service to and from Coopers Beach, named the #1 Beach in America by Dr. Beach in 2010. Our kitchen is delighted to prepare delicious fare and present it to you in our own Oso restaurant, the Euro-esque courtyard or the patio adjoining our heated outdoor pool, from 7a.m. to 7p.m. 7 days a week in season. Best of all, our friendly and courteous staff is available 24 hours a day with all the Hampton's Inside Information to make your stay all the more special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Southampton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Bed Breakfast
- Southampton Inn Southampton
- Southampton b&b
- Southampton Inn NY - Hamptons