“Very comfortable and great location”
Review of Southampton Inn

Southampton Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
“Very comfortable and great location”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Rooms very clean and comfortable with Tv, fridge etc. Staff and facilities all very good. Kids loved the pool. 2 minute walk into town for restaurants, cinema, shopping. The free shuttle bus to Coopers Beach is a real bonus and the driver is a star.

• Stayed August 2012
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Southampton Inn. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! It would appear that our amenities and accommodations met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

After reviewing what seemed to be a fantastic hotel on its website, what a disappointment this hotel was in the middle of a wonderful holiday to the USA. Firstly, the rooms are very old, and on top of each other, your neighbors might as well be in the room with you. There was no safe in the room, the light came in at 5am, and when asking for a child cot (extra $39 per night on top of an extortionate room rate) it was impossible to sit on due to the broken bed springs, let alone sleep on. The food was not good at all, and the waiter seemed totally confused. It seemed we were not the only disappointed guests, each time I went to reception or past the restaurant, I heard complaints. Our conclusion: Unless you have a lovely house to stay at in Southampton, give it a skip!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank WENDY01
Thank you for staying with us at the Southampton Inn. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. We do maintain competitive rates for the area as we are one of few full service hotels in the Hamptons. Please visit our website for any promotions we may be offering, or like us on Facebook to stay up to date. During your dining experience please inform us if you are unhappy with your experience so we may rectify the situation at the given time. Our inn is historic and the guest rooms may not be as sound proofed as one may be accustomed to. We encourage our guests to make us aware prior to check-in their personal needs such as being a light sleeper or sensitivity to noise so we may best accommodate you. Thank you for your useful feedback and we hope to meet your expectations in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

this is not a luxury hotel. it is a motel (at best) -- which is actually an insult to motels.... there is no management of the hotel, the staff is belligerent and rude. the prices are literally insane based on what you get... the worst part is that it is dirty and moldy. my family and I actually felt ill after staying there and we have since learned that other guests have felt the same way. Sadly, I think the hotel has made up some fake profiles and posted positive reviews but don't get fooled, it is a really bad place and is a total waste of money.

Room Tip: don't stay here. all the rooms are noisy and have walls of cardboard. also it's very buggy...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank maxericsson
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We are always concerned when guests do not enjoy their stays. But for readers of TripAdvisor, we want to emphasize that approximately 65% of our guests return year after year, that senior management has been with the company for many years that our housekeeping and maintenance staff do an outstanding job of insuring immaculate guest rooms and public facilities. We reflect an unassuming, friendly relaxed environment for over 40,000 annual visitors. We take pride in the positive experiences from thousands of loyal guests and will try harder for the very few who report negative visits.
We here at the Southampton Inn continue to make every effort to offer a clean and comfortable place to stay at a rate directed towards value, in an area that offers countless reasons to visit. All feedback is very valuable to us and we will use all comments provided to improve the guest experience at the Southampton Inn as we move into the future.
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Southampton Inn in the past and was always satisfied with the level of service. During my recent trip, however the staff, Nora, Kat and Luis, were exceptionally helpful; I had lost a towel which has overwhelming sentimental value and they had houskeeping conduct a search of the laundry to try and find it.
The towel was found and returned.
I highly recommend the Southampton Inn if you are thinking about a stay on Long Island.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Giselle B
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for enjoying your recent stay and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers. On behalf of the front desk and our entire staff, we look foward to your future visits!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We just got back from a sunday-monday stay at the Southampton Inn. Nothing wrong with this place (I was scared as I read some of the reviews after I booked). Clean rooms, comfortable beds, we were granted the request for 2 queens and not charged for the kids in the room. I did not find any bed bugs as some reviews mention and the place was clean. The beach shuttle is great plus it makes the whole experience very easy (they have towels, chairs and umbrellas).
Everything was as planned and I would easily return to this place.

The only hting I did not like is the TV is not HD and the hotel charged me $3 for coffee!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robruiz8
scottsdale, az
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I read the reviews after I had booked this hotel. I only use this forum to write postive reviews as I am also a small business owner. But clearly there is a lack of management and leadership at this hotel. I had called days prior to notify them we would have a late check in due to our flight and wanted to make sure we secured our king room. Instead the evening person had a choice of two different queen rooms with no ability to change for our three day stay. Bear in mind they had taken
A full deposit for two nights at booking and the third night the day prior. There appeared to be no sense of pride in the surroundings of the inn. We observed wine glasses sitting out on rails for two days as well as bags of garbage. Towels had tears and holes that were in the bathroom. Staff appeared rumbled and disorganized.
Pluses are the beds are comfortable, pool and grounds are nice. Beach chairs, umbrellas, toys etc available for guests to use. Shuttle to coopers beach beats the $40 at the lot or walking two miles each way in the humidity. We didn't have a car so it was nice to walk in the village which was the next block. Would I stay again? The answer is no.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank opcathy
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
We are always concerned when guests do not enjoy their stays. But for readers of TripAdvisor, we want to emphasize that approximately 65% of our guests return year after year, that senior management has been with the company for many years, that our housekeeping and maintenance staff do an outstanding job of insuring immaculate guest rooms and public facilities. We reflect an unassuming, friendly relaxed environment for over 40,000 annual visitors. We take pride in the positive experiences from thousands of loyal guests and will try harder for the very few who report negative visits.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Knowing that hotel rooms are limited in the Hamptons, I planned early. I had business in the area and booked my room well in advance. On my day of arrival the Southampton Inn claimed they had no record of the reservation. I had a printed confirmation and confirmation number and they did not even care to see it. I was literally boarding the plane. I asked if they would do me the courtesy of making a few calls locally to help me find another room. They couldn't have cared less. I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was none available.

I missed the event I was scheduled to attend. A complete and total waste. When I returned to the office I had an email from the Southampton Inn(with my original confirmation number) asking me how I enjoyed my stay. They had no record of my reservation? Really?

Buyer, BEWARE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
13 Thank EMF30068
SouthamptonInn91, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
It is unfortunate that you had an unplesant experience. However, for clarification, there is always a Mnager on duty or if it is late in the evening reachable by phone. The first thing we ask a guest for when they call to confirm a reservation is their name and or confirmation number, This is the only way to retrieve reservation information.

When we dod not have availability we reccomend other locations and we make calls daily to other hotels and B&B's so that we can recommend them, so to say that the staff would not help you find an alternate location seems unrealistic. Especially when it is a daily practice to determnine this information. That being said if you would like to speak to a manager please give us a call and we will be delighted to speak with you directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
Topping Rose House
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!