All reviews beach passes shopping and restaurants perfect beach fun summer free pass amenities including beach towels close to town the property manager beautifully appointed rooms a true gem bed was very comfortable sitting area south hampton place to stay one night stay sag harbor
Reviewed June 16, 2010

went for overnight drive out long island found this lovely motel just outside southampton village which was also well kept area we had tried a couple of inns in west hampton price were crazy $ 750 for one night stay the motel was $135 for one night it was clean tidy with a nautical theme tv and plenty parking in the area would definetly return the owner was lovely also

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rocket43
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The worst customer service we have ever experienced. Had a monetary problem and could not get a manager/ owner to speak with us about it for over 3 months- and this is with us continually calling, but the owner was always "just leaving" or would be in at 4, but not when we would call at 4 of course, only response given was getting yelled at by Maria at front desk. We have NEVER complained about a place before, being in the service industry, we both try to be as easy going as possible but when I tell you that they STOLE over $400 from us I am not exagerating one cent! All we wanted was a conversation with the owner... however after calling continously, sending several letters, all which were lost, even the CERTIFIED MAIL one, which by our tracking was recieved, they could not be bothered by even a 10 second phone call. DO NOT TRUST THESE THEIVES! Its so sad to know we have to share this world with horrible people like this. Be careful of this place and do not believe anything they say.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
11  Thank LoveLifeNy
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Southampton is a wonderful place and it's challenging to find affordable accomodations. The motel location is great, the rooms comfortable and clean, but... there's not a single hook in the bathroom to hang a damp towel!
Pros: motel is cute, well maintained, convenient to the village, accomodates small dogs and the frig in the room is very useful.
Cons: not a single hook to hang a used towel, wifi is spotty and unnecessary wall decor takes up space.
Would I return? Yes, provided they get something as simple as hooks for a damp towel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank travel4fun212
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My Mom and I stayed here for a girl's weekend in the Hamptons. The location is great and the grounds are well maintained. We usually stay at the Southampton Inn but they wanted $400 per night on the weekend. (This is almost double from last year!)

This motel (and it is a motel style place) was $135 per night during the week. The combined weekend rate (Fri and Sat) was $499. I had heard nightmares about a few other places in the Hamptons and was concerned about cleanliness. While the mgmt was friendly, I felt the cleanliness of room left something to be desired. The linens were not changed during our stay. I also do not believe the room was vacuumed or the shower was cleaned. I actually found soap in the shower from the previous guest.

The furniture was nice enough, but this was a very small room. I just felt like the place was unkempt. This motel has received great reviews from the NYT-I am assuming partially due to the location. We spent the $400 we saved by not staying at the Southampton Inn on custom sandals handmade in town at Il Sandalo. That made it worth the trip!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank bloose
Reviewed April 27, 2008

This small motel is about 5-10 minutes' walking distance from Main Street in Southampton, and maybe 10-15 minutes' walking distance from the LIRR stop. It is nicely refurbished, with a grey shingle exterior and a landscaped garden area with picnic tables. My room was small but comfortable, with a TV, refrigerator, two chairs and a very comfortable bed. The room was quiet and very clean.

This is a perfect place to stay if you're not looking for something fancy - it was a good deal in the pre-season.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo