“Perfect getaway! Friendly staff, very clean, and great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Southampton Village Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southampton
Southampton Village Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Perfect getaway! Friendly staff, very clean, and great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I came to this adorable motel for a few days and could not have asked for a better experience! First, the manager is so friendly and helpful. Second, the rooms are exquisite. Apparently the renovations are new, and they did not skimp on any details. The finishes and decor are just beautiful. A perfect "cottage" feeling without being too "beachy". Everything was so clean, and the bedding/linens were plush and high-end. We enjoyed having the privacy of a hotel but the customer service of a B&B! To make it better, they provide free, NEW bikes (with baskets) that are perfect for a quick ride into town for breakfast or to the private beach nearby! Highly recommend this lovely getaway. We will be back soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LGroher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We recently travelled to America for 3 weeks and saw a lot of the country East to West. We ended our visit by staying with Southampton Village Motel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found it very comfortable and relaxing. Their prices were more than reasonable and we felt that we would have payed more for this standard of motel. The rooms were beautifully presented. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. It was very nice meeting Thomas. He is a friendly guy who is open to chat and has a lot of time for the clients which is great to see in hospitality these days. He was full of great stories which we thoroughly enjoyed. Sent us back here to Australia with a great feel from our trip and we are very thankful to Thomas and Southampton Village for their hospitality. This is why we travel. Meeting the local people and staying In such high quality accommodation is what we enjoy. Thank you guys.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. Just book your stay, sit back and enjoy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShanenHeidi2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This place was great, we stayed over two nights this weekend. The entire place was renovated and each room looks like a fancy hotel with a B&B feel. Bathrooms are on the smaller side, but for one or two people they are just fine. The manager Thomas was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed to ensure we had a good stay. Close walk to shops and dinning in Southampton. They are apparently getting bikes you can barrow to ride to the beach. Rooms were reasonable for the area and time of year. Would defiantly go back again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha P
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My son and I stayed here this past weekend (Easter) and were absolutely delighted with the renovations Diane has made. We have stayed before and found it both convenient and comfortable, but the upgrades elevate it to a new level! The soft colors, fine linens, and new amenities really enhance this spot. The waterfall shower is very refreshing and, although the bathroom area is small, it is well equipped. The off-season rates were very attractive as well!
We needed Easter desserts, so Diane referred us to Tate's Bakery, which I highly recommend. I was able to get Espresso drinks and some wonderful pastry, which we enjoyed sitting outside our room at a cute little patio table and chairs.I also brought desserts to our Easater dinner destination. Their coconut cake was to die for.Diane says that she will be including their world famous chocolate chip cookies in her "Welcome Basket" soon. The location is ideal for access to both the town and the beaches. We spent some time at Cooper Beach and enjoyed it immensely. We will be back!

Room Tip: We needed two beds and stayed in Room #4.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kokodidy
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this motel on the 12th of October and it delivered exactly what I was looking for. I live in NYC and wanted to get out of town to nice, quiet, cozy, clean accommodations where I could relax and take in the local area. The Motel is within walking distance of the town center, where we walked to get breakfast and dinner, and just walk around. Glen greeted us upon arrival with enthusiasm and gave us some tips for restaurants, etc, which were all great. The town is nice too...it was off season so nice and quiet, and space int he restaurants and cafes. I think we will visit Southhampton again and will definitely stay in this motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NYCSG39
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Convenient location that is close to beach and close to town. Glen is very accommodating and wants to ensure guests a good visit. Great for a short term visit. Would definitely stay again there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank happy619
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Accidentally the motel doublecharged me. I was supposed to have one room for aug 21-23, 2013 and I was charged for 2 rooms. I contacted the motel in advance to explain the error. I arrived and stayed in my 1 room. They have not refunded me for the second room which was $206. If you would like further information about this email me at monica@cfsystems.com.

This is very bad and I would not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank monica a
shvmotel, Owner at Southampton Village Motel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Monicaaceve,

I am disappointed that I will now have to respond to this again, in a more formal, public matter, as you have refused to accept our cancellation policy which you agreed upon at the point of making your reservation.

I will not be contacting TripAdvisor to have them remove this slanderous review. Since you have chosen such a public and respectable forum to defame the integrity of my business I will now inform our future guests of the course of your actions.

Monicaaceve, you booked Room #10 on 7/7/2013 for arrival 8/21/13 and departure 8/23/13. At the point of the online booking, you were automatically charged a one nights deposit and a confirmation was sent to the email which you have shared above. On 7/11/13 you booked an additional room, Room #9 for arrival 8/21/13. As per the online reservation process, you were once again charged a one nights deposit and received a confirmation email for the dates above.

You regret to inform our fellow TripAdvisor visitors that you cancelled your second room when you arrived to our motel on 8/21 for your two night stay. Ms. Monicaaceve, unfortunately, this does not qualify as advance notice.

I would like to reiterate that both of these rooms were booked during our high summer season and being that we are a small, 10-room property, you are holding 20% of our inventory. Very clearly on our website, where you made the online reservation, our cancellation policy states: "In season cancellations within 72hrs of arrival subject to FULL payment." This is the contract that you read and agreed upon, before making the reservation.

Once again you regret to inform our fellow TripAdvisor viewers that we did not charge you for your FULL two night stay, as our cancellation policy states. However, we did not forego your deposit originally charged in July. You have not disputed this charge with your credit card company also justifying that you have no validity to your claim against us.

I am under the assumption you did not have a problem with our accommodations since you have declined to mention anything relevant about our property in this review. I apologize that you have had such a troubling experience with our online booking process and cancellation policy. However, I feel that our flexibility in not fully charging you for your two nights stay is sufficient and fair.

Regretfully,

SHVMOTEL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Southampton Inn
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor
Topping Rose House
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton

Been to Southampton Village Motel? Share your experiences!