All reviews beach passes shopping and restaurants a real gem perfect beach fun summer free pass amenities including beach towels close to town the property manager beautifully appointed rooms bed was very comfortable sitting area south hampton long weekend one night stay place to stay
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This place was great, we stayed over two nights this weekend. The entire place was renovated and each room looks like a fancy hotel with a B&B feel. Bathrooms are on the smaller side, but for one or two people they are just fine. The manager Thomas was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed to ensure we had a good stay. Close walk to shops and dinning in Southampton. They are apparently getting bikes you can barrow to ride to the beach. Rooms were reasonable for the area and time of year. Would defiantly go back again!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha P
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My son and I stayed here this past weekend (Easter) and were absolutely delighted with the renovations Diane has made. We have stayed before and found it both convenient and comfortable, but the upgrades elevate it to a new level! The soft colors, fine linens, and new amenities really enhance this spot. The waterfall shower is very refreshing and, although the bathroom area is small, it is well equipped. The off-season rates were very attractive as well!
We needed Easter desserts, so Diane referred us to Tate's Bakery, which I highly recommend. I was able to get Espresso drinks and some wonderful pastry, which we enjoyed sitting outside our room at a cute little patio table and chairs.I also brought desserts to our Easater dinner destination. Their coconut cake was to die for.Diane says that she will be including their world famous chocolate chip cookies in her "Welcome Basket" soon. The location is ideal for access to both the town and the beaches. We spent some time at Cooper Beach and enjoyed it immensely. We will be back!

Room Tip: We needed two beds and stayed in Room #4.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kokodidy
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this motel on the 12th of October and it delivered exactly what I was looking for. I live in NYC and wanted to get out of town to nice, quiet, cozy, clean accommodations where I could relax and take in the local area. The Motel is within walking distance of the town center, where we walked to get breakfast and dinner, and just walk around. Glen greeted us upon arrival with enthusiasm and gave us some tips for restaurants, etc, which were all great. The town is nice too...it was off season so nice and quiet, and space int he restaurants and cafes. I think we will visit Southhampton again and will definitely stay in this motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NYCSG39
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Convenient location that is close to beach and close to town. Glen is very accommodating and wants to ensure guests a good visit. Great for a short term visit. Would definitely stay again there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank happy619
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Accidentally the motel doublecharged me. I was supposed to have one room for aug 21-23, 2013 and I was charged for 2 rooms. I contacted the motel in advance to explain the error. I arrived and stayed in my 1 room. They have not refunded me for the second room which was $206. If you would like further information about this email me at monica@cfsystems.com.

This is very bad and I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank monica a
shvmotel, Owner at Southampton Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Monicaaceve,

I am disappointed that I will now have to respond to this again, in a more formal, public matter, as you have refused to accept our cancellation policy which you agreed upon at the point of making your reservation.

I will not be contacting TripAdvisor to have them remove this slanderous review. Since you have chosen such a public and respectable forum to defame the integrity of my business I will now inform our future guests of the course of your actions.

Monicaaceve, you booked Room #10 on 7/7/2013 for arrival 8/21/13 and departure 8/23/13. At the point of the online booking, you were automatically charged a one nights deposit and a confirmation was sent to the email which you have shared above. On 7/11/13 you booked an additional room, Room #9 for arrival 8/21/13. As per the online reservation process, you were once again charged a one nights deposit and received a confirmation email for the dates above.

You regret to inform our fellow TripAdvisor visitors that you cancelled your second room when you arrived to our motel on 8/21 for your two night stay. Ms. Monicaaceve, unfortunately, this does not qualify as advance notice.

I would like to reiterate that both of these rooms were booked during our high summer season and being that we are a small, 10-room property, you are holding 20% of our inventory. Very clearly on our website, where you made the online reservation, our cancellation policy states: "In season cancellations within 72hrs of arrival subject to FULL payment." This is the contract that you read and agreed upon, before making the reservation.

Once again you regret to inform our fellow TripAdvisor viewers that we did not charge you for your FULL two night stay, as our cancellation policy states. However, we did not forego your deposit originally charged in July. You have not disputed this charge with your credit card company also justifying that you have no validity to your claim against us.

I am under the assumption you did not have a problem with our accommodations since you have declined to mention anything relevant about our property in this review. I apologize that you have had such a troubling experience with our online booking process and cancellation policy. However, I feel that our flexibility in not fully charging you for your two nights stay is sufficient and fair.

Regretfully,