“Best deal in the Hamptons”

Southampton Long Island Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Forest Hills, New York
“Best deal in the Hamptons”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visit Southampton many times a year and this hotel is always our first choice (just recently under new management with a new name Southampton Escape Hotel). Excellent location, few minutes to Main Street and Coopers Beach, can't beat the value for your money. I wish they offered shuttle service to the beach, but we usually take taxi (no beach permit needed if you dont have to park your car) so its not such a big deal. Rooms are fresh and clean and comfy. We got stuck couple of times in some shady hotels for a lot more money when Enclave was sold out - so make sure you book early...ask for discounts, they offer some good promotions (not always listed on the website however...). I also heard that after the hurricane, they offered local customers discounted rates to stay warm and safe...great management.
We spent Thanksgiving weekend there and we got very nice surprise from the management...They gave us a little treat which was unexpected....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York, NY
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Good water pressure, super clean, new bedding, good temp control, cross ventilation, sunny, reliable wifi and cable tv.
This is a nice spot, next to a cool Spanish restaurant. Back, southern side of hotel more private,
good staff.

Room Tip: 9 is a good room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

When I first heard that the rooms were only 150 a night for southampton i was kinda scared and grossed out worried its be a dump, but when i arrived my fears were no more. The staff t this location was beyond helpful and very kind. The rooms seemed new and were extremely clean (my main worry). I plan on going back again in august for the weekend!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Janeebaby
Helsingborg, Skane Lan, Sweden
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 nights here and this is really stretching it, the room itself is okay, small but adequate but the bed is so soft that my bag hurts every night and I wake up several times because of this. The room is very clean and the towels are changed daily. The reason for the low score is hat the heater sounds like and old airplane engine and this makes it impossible to have it on, also the refrigerator makes a lot of noise when it goes on.. So make this a short stop on your trip.

Stayed May 2012
3 Thank TegnerM
silsbee,texas
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Couldn't be more pleased with this hotel. My daughter and I came to Southampton to enjoy Cooper's beach on Memorial day and to celebrate her graduation from college in Manhattan. The staff was helpful and made sure we had everything we needed for our short stay. Very friendly. Most notable was the quiet atmosphere and cleanliness of the hotel. Very nice too was the safe, refrigerator and microwave in the room. I am anxious to return to Cooper's beach and will definitely stay at the Enclave. Proximity to town and beach also great, only 3 miles to the beach.

Room Tip: No tips, everything was great here
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2011

A local cab driver took me to the location and I was pleasantly suprised!

The Staff was very friendly and knowledgable. They walked me to my room and helped with my bags.

My room was clean and warm. Down blankets were on the beds! Towels and sundries were abundant.

Breakfast with fresh coffee was available, free of charge in the lobby.

A VERY RELAXING & EASY STAY!! I am going back in June!

Room Tip: Romantic rooms are avialable with skylights!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lifeisgood56
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I found and killed beg bugs during my stay. After leaving, found the bites (about 60 to 70) all over my body. Had to go through all my luggage and clothes and found bugs in my vehicle. Serious inconvenience, not to mention the cost of the doctor as I was allergic to the bites. Stay far away from this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank nojoking_11
loco1561, Manager at Southampton Long Island Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
This is not true, we have no knowledge of this incident nor have we had bed bugs at that location

Travelers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
#3 of 8 in Riverhead
Easterner Motel
Easterner Motel
#4 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Southampton Long Island Hotel? Share your experiences!