“Beware of salad with goat cheese if you have cow's milk allergy”
Review of Tuscan House - CLOSED

Tuscan House
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fredon, New Jersey, United States
“Beware of salad with goat cheese if you have cow's milk allergy”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I picked the salad with the goat cheese, red peppers and tomato. On the menu it said it contained goat cheese so I ordered this as I have an allergy to cow's milk. The TASTE of the salad was great, however on the 5 hour drive home I spent the first 2 hours stopping 4 times to use the bathroom and got hives all down my neck. I did notice on the salad that there were 2 types of cheese - I should have asked, but I am now assuming that only one of the cheese was goat. I think the other was not.

Visited November 2012

“Taste of Italy in the Hamptons”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Having just returned from Italy a month before this was a nice reminder of what true Italian cuisine is. Simple fresh in season foods done well. Highlightswer a special appetizer with fig, spek ham and robbellino cheese ans a veal chop. Service was good and overall would highly recommend.

Northwest, NJ
“Great find!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Authentic Italian/Mediterranean food beautifully prepared. We loved every bite. Broccoli rabe bruschetta and crostini with prosciutto mozzarella and roasted yellow peppers to start, minestrone with lentil and a variety of entrees were all delicious. Tuscan inspired decor with white table linens and cozy bar.

Graz, Austria
“Good italian food with american influences”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food at the Tuscan House was really good. We had the price-fixe menu - so you have to order before 6:30 PM. There weren't many people there at that time. But the food and the portions were very good. Also the service was really friendly and thoughtful. The only thing which was not really original was the yellow pepper at my Caprese. But given the fact that I like pepper - it was ok for me - it really matches with the tomatoes and the mozarella - but when you don't like peppers - they are not mentioned in the menu.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank carotti
Southampton, New York
“not worth the money”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have tried several times as it is in terrific location and it just doesn't measure up. Service is fine, food is very ordinary.

Visited April 2012