“The Beer place”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“The Beer place”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

If you want a good Choice of homemade beer and traditionell american food thats your place to go. Back ribs were good- half rack is enough! All portions are big- the prices are modest!

Visited May 2013

Merrick, New York
“Lunch Review”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I came here for a business lunch so unfortunately did not get to sample the beers on this vist.
The menu choices are very typical for pub food and the quality was about what you would expect. I have no complaints and nothing to rave about either. The Southwest chicken salad was actually better than I expected. Chicken was tender and grilled with a good spicy flavor.

It smells like an old pub but the interior does have history & character that add to the atmosphere.

Service in the restaurant was fine. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant.

It was fine for a quick casual lunch, & I would return to enjoy the bar side of the house along with the beers on tap.

• Visited May 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“No service in the bar, and horrible service in the dining room. Food not worth the wait.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We came on the recommendation of our hotel owner. Need to let her know to warn people before sending them here. We sat in the bar first and were offered no service. We moved to the dining room where we waited forever to be greeted by our server. Bad signs but we stayed. Limited options here in winter.

I ordered a glass of wine that my husband finally had to go pick up in the bar, because it never came. We ordered the mushroon risotto with shrimp and the osso bucco. Our food came pretty quickly but the couples on either side of us waited over an hour each for their burgers!

The risotto should be taken of the menu. Absolutely no flavor and watery. The osso bucco was good.

Wouldn't go back.

Southampton, New York
“Worst Food in The Hamptons”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Their beer is great and THANK HEAVENS you can GET IT TO GO, because you surely wouldn't want to be made to sit and eat their food just to drink their beer.

To my total amazement, one of their menu items marked "Customer Favorite" was Braised Short Ribs of Beef, which I love and which I ordered. Upon arrival at the table, the beef was so undercooked that it's toughness could not be cut with a knife. And, while the outside perimeter was "warm", the center was STONE COLD.

I asked and they provided me with a replacement. This time, the meat was tender but so horribly salty I could only eat one bite. I settled for eating the lumpy, sticky, over-mashed potatoes and zucchini that came with it. We left hungry and upset at the waste of food and money we left on the table.

Any wonder this is now the Tour Bus Stop in the summer...locals just won't eat their food any more.

• Visited February 2013
London
“Just Ok”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The beer is pretty good, the food was ok, apart from the buffalo wings, which are very good, the service was badly timed,we waited ages for our starters and the entrees came up bfore we had finished, which is a pet peeve of mine. The waitress was very apologetic, but still, how hard is it to track when food left a kitchen? Very welcoming to kids on the plus side...

• Visited February 2013