“Casual Pub Style Dining”
Review of Southampton Publick House - MOVED

Southampton Publick House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Dining in Southampton, NY in the summer will generally put a dent in your wallet. Though there are a fair number of restaurants in the town, most are pricey and especially difficult to make a reservation on weekends. You can usually get a table atnthe Publick House with no problem. Southampton Publick House is a casual Mico-brewery/restaurant. The atmosphere is casual resembling a pub. The food is reasonably priced for Southampton and they have daily priced specials eg. 3 course prix fixe, 2 for 1 entree specials, etc. The food is decent, not outstanding and the service is satisfactory.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very disappointed after paying nearly $100 for dinner and drinks. The place looks clean and is very nice to look at but, the food was not at all what I was expecting. With the clientele that frequent the Hamptons I would have thought the food would have been MUCH BETTER! I would never go back to this place unless I was ordering a coke!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Had to come and try the beer, which was ok. Let me first say that all the staff were very nice and friendly! Dinner was just average, nothing special, and service was very very slow! Don't know why because the restaurant was not full. Probably would not go back

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I went to Southampton Publick House for the first time to buy some beer. I brought 2 of my own empty growlers to be refilled (from Blue Point and Greenport Harbor breweries). I was charged a whopping $16 for each growler. When I complained, they said I was charged $16 because I brought my own growlers. If I had refilled one of their growlers, it would have cost $13. Additionally, if I bought a new growler from them, the cost would have been the same at $16. That means I was penalized for bringing my own recycled growler (I could have gotten a brand new one from them at the same price!!) To top it off, I saw a 6 pack of their beer at a local distributor for $10. A growler holds about 5 beers. Another rip-off on buying growlers here at Southampton Publick House. Lastly, the beer is average. I purchased the IPA and the Double White. Blue Point and Greenport Harbor brewery is much tastier and cheaper.

1  Thank gregoryh259
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We went for lunch in late November, sat at the bar. Really enjoyed both the burger and the sesame-encrusted tuna [!]! One would expect a place like this to have a great burger, but great tuna?! The bartender said it was his favorite dish and people were always surprised by it. Locals streamed in to fill their beer jugs with the Publick House's brews. Everyone was nice. Very low key. If you are looking for a place where you can wear jeans and relax, check it out. It is a place that has no pretenses.