“A Good Find”

Driver's Seat
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good service and food, great location. Staff friendly and wine list reasonably priced. Portions are good and the Fillet Mignon was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Driver's Seat

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Pros: average American fare. I enjoyed a decent garden salad with grilled chicken. Nothing over the top, but adequate. My dining partner at that meal was an active anorexic -- she ordered a side of broccoli, ate two florets and left the rest over. She was not happy with the broccoli, she thought it was overcooked.

I'm giving The Driver's Seat three stars for the ambience -- loved the ambience - live orchids everywhere, beautiful lighting, outdoor seating on charming decks in front and back. The iced tea comes with free refills (that was a surprise!) Nice place to meet for a drink. Again, the food was just fair, so foodies beware.

Cons: Street parking is limited and the Driver's Seat does not have a lot. I did park in a parking lot a few blocks away, not a problem. If I was with someone with an impairment, I'd drop them off first.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food was truly awful and they have changed the decor to some strange mix.
I will not go back for a very long time and then only when I have had a good report from someone that things have improved. It used to be a great place for a salad outside or a great burger.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Took a friend here for dinner. Last time we went was maybe 10 years ago, and then, it was good--had an Irish pub vibe but more than decent food. Well, this time they remodeled, raised the prices, but the food was not good. Overpriced. I wasn't impressed. Will not return, sorry.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped by for lunch one day. The service was good. Ordered a spinach salad and a bowl of seafood gumbo.. The salad was good but expensive.. Of course, we are talking Southampton. The soup was not good.. Tasted either old or like it was out of a can. I'll give the place a second try though..