“New management upgraded food, lost some charm”
Review of Lobster Grille - CLOSED

Lobster Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This landmark has been here for 44 years. Serving fresh local seafood, chicken, beef and much more. a view to die for and an upstairs room for larger parties and special occasions. service is attentive, prices are reasonable, drinks are fun , nice selection of draught beers. fully air conditioned and reservations accepted.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We've been going to the old Lobster Inn every summer on our annual Southampton visit. We missed some of the old features especially the old school salad bar that we reluctantly loved. It can get warm given the lack of AC but it was cool out and not uncomfortable. Service was sub par, and struggling to get the order right. We all agreed that the new menu has been upgraded and although we missed some of our old favorites we loved the tuna tartare.

There are newer reviews for Lobster Grille

Reviewed August 7, 2012

On a mission to have seafood before we left the Hamptons we came across the Lobster Grille Inn. The atmosphere of the retaurant was rustic and casual with a nice dining room overlooking water, it felt very vacationy! The reason I say that it was beyond what we expected was because we settled in to the idea that it would offer your basic steamed/boiled lobsters, clam bake kind of menu, which is fine but let's face it, usually those dishes are under seasoned (or not seasoned at all relying on butter to be the flavor). We were so wrong...we had the New England Clam Bake which was on special, instead of being a heaping pile of steamed seafood and flavorless potatoes it was done in a clear broth with wine, butter, parley and possibly a cream, in addition to the seafood it had red and yellow grape tomatoes, garlic, fresh corn cut right off the cob, delish! I had the surf and turf and again instead of a plain grilled steak they had a deicious pepper corn sauce over it and everything was cooked beautifully, my son had the swordfish (which I never order due to the fact that most places cook it too much and it is too dry) and it was again such a surprise with a ginger soy marinade and topped with a peach chutney that had the most interesting flavors (we asked for the ingredients, the chef wouldn't give it up)....oh, and I cannot forget about the New England clam chowder which was just delicous with peices of bacon and fresh ingredients.

The downside...I couldn't understand the fact that their soup price was set at market, but their lobsters weren't...it was quite pricey for lobsters when the market value is so low at this time. Oh, and the drink prices were crazy, a $16 margarita? My $8 glass of wine was served in a tiny glass. So, pricing is definitely a downfall, for four of us with only one alcohol beverage it was almost $50 a head.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The restaurant is charming but it is warm in there in the summer. There is air conditioning in the bar area but not in the restaurant. Although I don't like air conditioning that much, they should at least have fans. The food is average and you are not allowed to share the lobster lunch special which I think is ridiculous. If I'm paying for my meal and want to only eat a little bit of it I should be able to share. Its costly as well.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Based on a recommendation, we went here for an early dinner on a Friday evening. The restaurant itself is rustic and overlooks a small marina and inlet. Our waitress was most attentive and helpful and allowed us more than enough time to relax, enjoy our meal and drinks and suggested the best time to place our entree order.

Our shared appertizer was a collection of fresh shellfish which was more than enough for the two of us. It was tasty and properly chilled. For dinner, we shared a pair of baked lobster tails, which were quite large and very well prepared, along with fresh vegetables.

One might question the prices, but our experience indicated the expense was well worth it and consistent with prices on other establishments in the Hamptons during the summer season.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Lobster Inn was recently sold & is now called the Lobster Grille Inn. It used to be a great place for lobster. It is now a terrible place for lobster. On July 27,2013 I visited the restaurant with my wife & another couple. We all ordered 2 pound steamed lobsters. They were all dry & chewy. Our mistake was in not notifying the manager the food was terrible. That was the last time I visit this restaurant.