“good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I always get take out so I am not in the position to answer anything about the service. The veggie melt is out of this world..so delicous and you can eat it guiltfree!

There are newer reviews for Barrister's

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Nice respite from shopping and sight seeing. Outdoor seating in good weather and good food and service. Thought it was a coffee shop but they have soooo much more.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

What we really liked the two times we have been to Barristers was the Gazpacho soup. It really stands out. My wife said it is the best she has ever had.

I made the same mistake twice on my main course. I had a chicken and arugula salad. I liked the taste combination very much. There just was not enough substance to it.. Even if they did not give a starch, some vegetables such as zucchini would have rounded out the value of the meal. I was hungry two hours later.

The maitre'd and servers were very nice and tolerant of our taking time to figure out what we wanted. Perhaps they need a better method of recording who ordered what, such as numbering the seats on the order ticket. When they came to the table, they didn't always know where the place the items. Minor issue.

We found the back tables comfortable and in an open air area, so a little less noisy than the front. We sat 10 comfortably there.

Barrister's is generally more affordable and less stuffy than some of the other restaurants in Southampton.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Sitting in the corner of the restaurant next to a wonderful window looking out into the village, it was extremely difficult to hear the person sitting across the table from me. The tables are packed closely together and you can hear every conversation around you.
We were attended to quickly and decided to share a salad. Upon hearing this, our waitress moved quickly. Apparently we weren't worth the table space anymore, so she rushed us our food and rushed us the check as soon as we finished. The salad was OK tasting, but very expensive for some spinach and vinaigrette with 5 skewered shrimp on top. We were in and out of the restaurant in less than 15 minutes- hardly relaxing at all.
I would recommend Barrister's over most other restaurants in Southampton village, but this experience was very disappointing.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

went to restauant it was quiet met a lovely waiter menu mainly fish dishes so we asked what was nice and in the end went with his reccomendations and all was delicious we shared the whole meal between 2 and there was plenty