“Good fresh food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Shelburne, Vermont
“Good fresh food”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I was here on business in the off season when many places are closed. This was a pleasant surprise. Extensive breakfast menu with many healthy options. I had the spa wrap: egg whites, avocado, spinach. Just what I was looking for. Friendly staff.

Scotch Plains, NJ
“excellent coffee and baked goods”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Golden Pear has several stores in the Hamptons. We tried the ones in Southampton and Sag Harbor. The coffee choice and quality is excellent. Service is friendly and the place is cute.

• Visited December 2013
Connecticut
“Bakery/sit down”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We we lured in by the location and signage, cute outdoor seating, ease of parking, no prior persuasion. It's a combo fresh to order and hot bar pre-prepared selections (all looking very interesting, with little sign descriptions). A little over zealous counter help made it hard to think about what we wanted as we were being queried - repeatedly - to place our orders. The baked goods - croissants filled & plain, scones, muffins all look beautiful. We sampled 3- plain & chocolate croissant and blueberry scone, and coffee in the end. The scone was the best of the lot, with the croissant bland and not as flaky as it looked. I do love my flaky pastries. Dispensing my coffee was a juggle and dance between other patrons, it is a tight space. And inside table seating is limited, but bistro table cute.
The owner is right there working the counter and chatting with customers, making all feel very welcome. Great concept, and I bet the catering they advertise is the big drool food.
Would I go back, maybe, it's not that I wouldn't, but it's not a 'have to have that again' kind of feeling.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Standard cafe fare”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Golden Pear Cafe has its fingers in several of the Hamptons villages and it was the Southampton outlet that saw us for breakfast one morning. There's a variety of filter coffee for those that drink it, sweet scones, cakes and muffins clumsily piled in a display cabinet and cafeteria-style fresh food on the menu.
A breakfast sandwich made it our way, filled with turkey bacon and scrambled eggs. I went with the 7 grain waffle (14.95), generously topped with banana and berries. Nothing incredible. Just sufficient.

Visited September 2013
“A great breakfast spot”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

While in Southampton in early October 2013, I had breakfast at this very convenient café on three mornings. The atmosphere was pleasant and the food excellent. The breakfast was prepared to order, promptly served and very hot. While space is limited, it was adequate with no pressure to vacate the small tables as soon as the meal was finished. The staff was pleasant
and courteous to all customers. I would not hesitate to return whenever I am in Southampton.

Visited October 2013