“Wonderful dinner date with the family!”
Review of Redbar Brasserie

Redbar Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Redbar Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 79 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis Street
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful dinner date with the family!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I like to make reservations for dinner early because of the quality of service we usually receive before the dinner rush and also because of our 2 year old. Our experience here was amazing. Service was great- our server was extremely knowledgeable and the staff including the maitre d and bartender accommodated us very well. Everything we ate/drank was delicious. Highly recommend!

1 Thank InMyNextLife

“Don't get the "Seared rare ahi tuna"”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Ambience lovely, service impeccable, great wine list, truffled chicken my date had exquisite... My tuna which was to be seared and rare was well done???? How disappointing! How could this have left the kitchen and be served with a smile?? Had the same issue at Georgica and I had to send it back 3 times! The chef really needs to get his/her act together here, read the menu so they understand the expectation set or just remove it totally. I will go back for the chicken but will not waste my palate and money on the tuna.

1 Thank Getinspired
Washington, D.C.
“Consistently the best.”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

we have eaten here for 12 years and have found that it is consistently the best food and most professional staff in Southampton. our favorite place to recommend; it never disappoints.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank NYFoodlovers
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Probably wouldn't go back”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We had 6:30 reservations for Saturday night, which we couldn't make so we cancelled and were told to just show up and we'd be given a table when one was available. We got there around 7:30 and were told that it would be a 45 minute to an hour wait. Which was fine, they took down my name and we waited at the bar. 45 minutes later, I walked back to the hostess stand to ask about the status of our table, as she saw me walking over, she quickly covered up the list of names with her hand and said she could seat me immediately in the side room-the side room had at least 3 open tables. I'm pretty sure she forgot about us and we could have been seated much earlier, which is really just annoying, but not the worst thing that could happen. It was just a bad to start to what turned out to be a not so exciting dining experience. The service was not terrible, but also not good, the food was ok, but nothing to get excited about. I don't understand how this restaurant could have been considered the best in southampton. It wasn't the worst meal ever, but definetely not worth going back to or the hype.

Fordyce, Arkansas
“Outstanding Evening at Red Bar”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Ate at Red Bar recently with a group of twenty golfers. The meal was outstanding from start to finish, both with respect to service and quality. We particulary enjoyed our tall Belorussian waitress Anastasia.