“A taste of Europe in the Hamptons”
Review of A Butler's Manor

A Butler's Manor
Ranked #1 of 6 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2014

With a garden that blossoms new colors every week, and a salt water pool to lull around with a great book, I felt quite like a princess during my stay at a butlers manor. 4 poster beds, comfy soft sheets and always something cooking in the kitchen made my stay even more pleasurable. A piano played by another guest in the warm sitting room while we sipped on a good brandy by the fire was an unexpected treat. European excellence with casual Hampton's beach amenities..no need for a beach pass, beautiful coopers beach is just a 5 minute drive by Chris..he'll pick you up too! Booked by stay for next season !

Room Tip: Call early
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My mom and I stayed at A Butler's Manor for a night getaway, and we are so happy that we did. We were immediately greeted by Chris and Kim's warmth, (Kim baked me a delicious red velvet cupcake for my upcoming birthday, which was waiting for me in my room upon arrival, she is so sweet, and an amazing cook!) They were so helpful with their vast knowledge of the area and recommended great places for us to check out during our stay. Their B&B was immaculate and had such a cozy feel. We can't wait to come back in the warmer weather to enjoy the garden and saltwater pool. Would recommend their home to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank meghanr09
Reviewed April 1, 2014

They are the most wonderful couple. I needed to get away and focus on studying for medical school finals, so I was looking for something cozy.They had a fire going and tea the entire time I was there so I could study by the fire. Kim baked cookies and muffins, and Chris gave me a tour of the garden (which was still recovering from winter, but at least it wasn't the concrete I'm used to). The bed, shower, food- everything was great, but Kim and Chris themselves are what really make this B&B special.

And, I feel silly mentioning this, but even the conditioner was high quality (I usually have to bring my own conditioner because my waist length hair is very temperamental).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our visit to the Hamptons for Spring's first weekend to get happy from the horrid winter. We chose ABM not only from other rave reviews but also from the detailed website is Chris and Kim's personal invitation from the start, to make sure your stay is effortless and enjoyable from the moment the door opens. There is attention to every detail and they are happy to help with anything you need. The rooms are to 'come to relax' and of course spotless. Visiting in March did not allow us to enjoy what looks to be gorgeous gardens and pool, but something to look forward to next time. By the way, breakfast is outstanding (you'll love what the maple syrup is served in ...still smiling over that, Kim!). The Cliffside room was adorable/bed was extremely comfortable. Important to know the train station is only a block or two away, town is a short walk, and the ocean close by, which is a good thing. The not-so-good part was saying goodbye to the hosts: Thank you Chris & Kim for making our trip special, we will be back to happy on Main soon. Karen & Rob

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen D
Reviewed March 24, 2014

One of a kind, truly unique. From the moment we arrived, greeted first by Chris and then by Kim as well, we were immediately at ease; they somehow made us feel as if we already knew them. Throughout our stay, we were continually impressed by the amount of attention they have given to every detail, and yet how effortless they made it seem. A wonderful experience, highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've never been to a B&B before and after this, it will be hard to go anywhere else! The living room area was just breathtaking when we walked in, and Kim and Chris were really useful with things to do, places to go, getting around, etc. We stayed in Oak Knoll, which was beautiful and the bed was soooo comfy. Breakfast was also a treat (the creme brulee French toast was particularly good) and they even drove us to and from the train station, even though it was right around the corner. The location is also great, being close to the train station (great if you're coming from the city and don't have a car) and also within walking distance to town without being in town itself. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet place in the Hamptons!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mstrniste
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I can't say enough about about our stay here. We were welcomed in like family. Kim and Chris think of every detail to make your stay a wonderful, relaxing experience. Their home is warm, comfortable and very well maintained. Breakfast was amazing...especially the Pumpkin Bread Pudding... Homemade cookies in the afternoon were a tasty treat too, Yummy!!! We hated to leave. I have stayed at other B&B's and none come close to A Butler's Manor. Can't wait to return!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 784cathys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor
The Hedges Inn
The Hedges Inn
#2 of 11 in East Hampton

Been to A Butler's Manor? Share your experiences!