“Long Island Gateway”

Ranked #1 of 5 Southampton B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Long Island Gateway”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We live in NYC and would like to get out and have some fresh air, therefore, we decided to drive to Southampton. We found A Butler's Manor by chance. What a charming B & B!!! Well decorated! Chris is a really nice host. He took care of us very well. This is not a typical B & B, he offered us a homemade cookies as well as sherry to end the perfect night. Breakfast is superb and delicious. We will definitely go back there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Portland, Oregom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Want to know why the right B & B is a fine option for a vacation? Come to Southampton and watch Chris and Kim in action. A Butler's Manor (Chris really was one) leaves nothing to chance. The property is lovely inside and out with every detail seen to. Breakfasts are excellent, accommodations sublime and guidance -- down to where to spot Calvin Klein's estate and what restaurants really are worth the price — spot on. Speaking of price, we went a bit over our usual budget on a hunch that this place was worth it -- and were we ever right!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was an absolute delight for our family to spend two nights in this B&B in beautiful Southampton. Chris, our host, gave us a warm welcome when we arrived on a chilly evening last Sunday. He had the open fire burning brightly in the drawing room and his friendly manner helped us to settle in quickly. Chris gave us plenty of tips for things to do and see in the area and his suggestion for dinner was wonderful. It was easy to walk into Southampton which is such a pretty village. The highlight of our stay though were the breakfasts, both absolutely delicious! Chris is a great chef and his attention to detail is amazing. It is definitely a lovely place to stay in The Hamptons.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Chris and Kim are the best hosts ever! Truly personalized service and unobtrusive at the same time, butler perfection!

Amazing toiletries, fluffiest towels, toilet roll and bathrobe! And the bed sheets... Nothing like you would have ever felt, 5-star hotels are nothing compared to this!

Breakfast is the best meal we had in NYC! Kim made us banana stuffed French toast and the signature Manor House omelette, both blew our minds in terms of taste and presentation. Breakfast was set with beautiful formal diningware and cutlery but coupled with Chris and Kim's warm personalities, it was an unpretentious experience that we will miss. Did I mention the homemade cookies that magically appear in your room everyday? And the sherry?

And and A Butler's Life is a terribly enjoyable read!!

Chris and Kim made our honeymoon unforgettable and was the icing on the cake of our entire NYC experience!

Never in ONE accommodation have we experienced that many best's!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We thought this was a very well run B&B. The location was nice, the breakfast was very good, the home and garden were very nice, and the couple who ran the place were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. It was my birthday, and they added special touches to the room to make it special for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are no words to express how grateful I am for the generous hospitality of Chris and Kim at A Butler's Manor. I have lived in New York City since 1997, and I have cherished every escape I have made to their beautiful bed & breakfast in Southampton!

I can still remember my first stay, when Kim picked me up from the Jitney with a warm welcome, and Chris made me feel right at home by offering me a glass of wine as I nestled into an armchair in their picture-perfect living room. They gave me a personal tour of Southampton, driving me past all of the lovely homes and privet hedges, showing me the beach and their favorite neighborhood shops and restaurants. Kim packed a bag of bread so that I could go and feed the ducks before dinner that night. In the morning, she and Chris were overjoyed with the wonderful items I brought back from my antiquing trip on Main Street and shared in my glee at the fabulous pair of boots I found to take back home with me to the city.

I later had the pleasure of spending a New Year's Eve at A Butler's Manor, and I could not think of a better place to ring in the new year. I had a delicious steak dinner downtown, just a short walk from the bed & breakfast, and settled in to sleep with a thimble of the sherry that Chris and Kim leave bedside in every room. They served up the ideal New Year's Day breakfast in the morning, exemplary of their always warm and gracious hospitality, before driving me back to the Jitney station that afternoon. I remember thinking that I would have loved to stay for at least another week if my schedule had permitted.

And most recently Chris and Kim were an integral part of one of the most special days in my adult life, when my love and I became engaged in their beautiful garden. Chris and Kim were prepared with flower petals to throw, champagne for a toast, celebratory music and giant strawberries garnished with powdered sugar. They even took the liberty of making a reservation for the two of us and our friends at the nearby Plaza Café – an incredible restaurant that you MUST visit on your trip to Southampton! – who stayed open just for our private celebration. When I think about the loving warmth with which they cared for us that weekend, it brings tears to my eyes. My fiancé and I will be forever grateful for the amazing memories that they have given us, and we plan to return to A Butler's Manor at least once a year to enjoy everything that this idyllic bed & breakfast and the gracious hosts have to offer.

Chris and Kim have been like a surrogate family to me over the years, and A Butler's Manor like a second home. I cannot recommend them highly enough to any traveler making their way to Southampton! I guarantee that every stay will be one that you will never forget, and each time that you leave the Hamptons you will already be planning your return.

Room Tip: My loved ones and I have had the pleasure of staying in three different rooms, all of which were idy...