“Charming B&B!”
Review of A Butler's Manor

A Butler's Manor
Ranked #1 of 6 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was an absolute delight for our family to spend two nights in this B&B in beautiful Southampton. Chris, our host, gave us a warm welcome when we arrived on a chilly evening last Sunday. He had the open fire burning brightly in the drawing room and his friendly manner helped us to settle in quickly. Chris gave us plenty of tips for things to do and see in the area and his suggestion for dinner was wonderful. It was easy to walk into Southampton which is such a pretty village. The highlight of our stay though were the breakfasts, both absolutely delicious! Chris is a great chef and his attention to detail is amazing. It is definitely a lovely place to stay in The Hamptons.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Chris and Kim are the best hosts ever! Truly personalized service and unobtrusive at the same time, butler perfection!

Amazing toiletries, fluffiest towels, toilet roll and bathrobe! And the bed sheets... Nothing like you would have ever felt, 5-star hotels are nothing compared to this!

Breakfast is the best meal we had in NYC! Kim made us banana stuffed French toast and the signature Manor House omelette, both blew our minds in terms of taste and presentation. Breakfast was set with beautiful formal diningware and cutlery but coupled with Chris and Kim's warm personalities, it was an unpretentious experience that we will miss. Did I mention the homemade cookies that magically appear in your room everyday? And the sherry?

And and A Butler's Life is a terribly enjoyable read!!

Chris and Kim made our honeymoon unforgettable and was the icing on the cake of our entire NYC experience!

Never in ONE accommodation have we experienced that many best's!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We thought this was a very well run B&B. The location was nice, the breakfast was very good, the home and garden were very nice, and the couple who ran the place were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again. It was my birthday, and they added special touches to the room to make it special for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are no words to express how grateful I am for the generous hospitality of Chris and Kim at A Butler's Manor. I have lived in New York City since 1997, and I have cherished every escape I have made to their beautiful bed & breakfast in Southampton!

I can still remember my first stay, when Kim picked me up from the Jitney with a warm welcome, and Chris made me feel right at home by offering me a glass of wine as I nestled into an armchair in their picture-perfect living room. They gave me a personal tour of Southampton, driving me past all of the lovely homes and privet hedges, showing me the beach and their favorite neighborhood shops and restaurants. Kim packed a bag of bread so that I could go and feed the ducks before dinner that night. In the morning, she and Chris were overjoyed with the wonderful items I brought back from my antiquing trip on Main Street and shared in my glee at the fabulous pair of boots I found to take back home with me to the city.

I later had the pleasure of spending a New Year's Eve at A Butler's Manor, and I could not think of a better place to ring in the new year. I had a delicious steak dinner downtown, just a short walk from the bed & breakfast, and settled in to sleep with a thimble of the sherry that Chris and Kim leave bedside in every room. They served up the ideal New Year's Day breakfast in the morning, exemplary of their always warm and gracious hospitality, before driving me back to the Jitney station that afternoon. I remember thinking that I would have loved to stay for at least another week if my schedule had permitted.

And most recently Chris and Kim were an integral part of one of the most special days in my adult life, when my love and I became engaged in their beautiful garden. Chris and Kim were prepared with flower petals to throw, champagne for a toast, celebratory music and giant strawberries garnished with powdered sugar. They even took the liberty of making a reservation for the two of us and our friends at the nearby Plaza Café – an incredible restaurant that you MUST visit on your trip to Southampton! – who stayed open just for our private celebration. When I think about the loving warmth with which they cared for us that weekend, it brings tears to my eyes. My fiancé and I will be forever grateful for the amazing memories that they have given us, and we plan to return to A Butler's Manor at least once a year to enjoy everything that this idyllic bed & breakfast and the gracious hosts have to offer.

Chris and Kim have been like a surrogate family to me over the years, and A Butler's Manor like a second home. I cannot recommend them highly enough to any traveler making their way to Southampton! I guarantee that every stay will be one that you will never forget, and each time that you leave the Hamptons you will already be planning your return.

Room Tip: My loved ones and I have had the pleasure of staying in three different rooms, all of which were idy...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a visit to my brother, and could not have been happier! The place is a true gem. The rooms are immaculate, the food and service second to none. Ask for the French toast, it was the best I have ever had.
All the rooms are exactly as the pictures. The bed was sublime, and had us asking where the sheets came from, cotton source and thread count.
The cost is not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. And don't worry about the minimum stay in season, you won't want to leave when the time comes!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Warm, helpful, delightful, funny, knowledgable...and that's all before we even got there! Chris and Kim's Inn, experience and welcoming attitude more than make the grade in our opinion. Did a LOT of research (on Trip Advisor and other sites) before booking a weekend get-away for my husband's 50th birthday. We like to eat, the men like to fish, and I'm all about comfort and cleanliness. In multiple pre-booking phone conversations, these inn-formative folks took care of all our questions about the Inn and the surrounding area, suggested a private charter fishing company, and even recommended and uiltimately made reservations for us at one of the local restaurants. They did NOT disappoint!!! The rooms were immaculate, the baths provided total comfort, birthday floral arrangements were in our room, breakfast was scrumptious, and even though it was October we could see the care and cultivation they put into the grounds and amazing gardens. With "Sandy" looming, Chris and Kim did not miss a beat. The perfect precursor if you have to then go home and lose power for 8 days!!! Can't wait to return. This one is a show stopper!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked beautiful. Only one with a king bed if that helps. And another one, our suite...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We came from Switzerland for a wonderful 8 days holiday.We were greeted at the bus stop (with our heavy luggages).The room was charming and very comfortable,with all the amenities.In the evening we enjoyed reading in a pleasant place.The service is outstanding.Great breakfast ,tailored especially for our diet...We relaxed and read often in their gorgeous garden.The location is perfect for relations with buses and trains.
Kim and Chris have a very good knowledge of the area,providing us with recommendations for fine restaurants,shopping and trips .Furthermore they were most helpful for personal matters.
Only drawback,after such a treat it is nearly impossible to go somewhere else...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RolleDiran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Southampton Inn
Mill House Inn
Mill House Inn
#1 of 11 in East Hampton
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to A Butler's Manor? Share your experiences!